1 - 17 of 17 Posts

·
Registered
43 Posts
goin to Glencoe on the 2nd,returning?

·
Registered
565 Posts
Oh yeah, this will be my 3rd year in a row. Riding up on Thursday, Aug 2nd or Friday, Aug 3rd and returning on Saturday, Aug 11th or Sunday, Aug 12th. Staying in an RV at the Buffalo Chip.

·
Registered
53 Posts
I will be riding up with CDiddy, can't wait. :D

·
Registered
678 Posts
Going - leaving Omaha on the 3rd and heading back on the 9th. Staying in Deadwood in a rented house. We have a deck and should have many a cold drink there in the evenings. I will taking the Rune so if you see a black on - it is probably mine. Not too many of those bikes around.

·
Registered
330 Posts
I will be heading up on the 3rd. going to stay at spearfish city park. will be returning the 11th and 12th probably via Valentine for the hawg stop and entertainment downtown!

·
Registered
678 Posts
any chance any one is going up on Sat? I am leaving about 6AM taking 2 lanes the whole way and going through wounded knee and the badlands for scenic fun. I would enjoy some company. Otherwise - travel safe - look for a black Rune up there it will prolly be me.

·
Registered
188 Posts
Hey all!

Myself and some buddies are heading up Friday, the 3rd early AM... going across Ne diagonally. Taking the scenic route this year.

Staying in Deadwood at the Church next to the cop shop. I volunteer at the ABC Emergency Service Center. It is one of many Sturgis Aid stations.
I'll be working the aid station Sat 4th & Sun 5th... coming back... thinking about 8th or 9th.

http://www.sturgisaid.com/abcesc.htm

Can't wait...... 8)

·
Registered
1,110 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
knightryder said:
Hey all!

Myself and some buddies are heading up Friday, the 3rd early AM... going across Ne diagonally. Taking the scenic route this year.

Staying in Deadwood at the Church next to the cop shop. I volunteer at the ABC Emergency Service Center. It is one of many Sturgis Aid stations.
I'll be working the aid station Sat 4th & Sun 5th... coming back... thinking about 8th or 9th.

http://www.sturgisaid.com/abcesc.htm

Can't wait...... 8)
Were leaving the same day and early also. Taking I-80 to GI and then taking highway 2 to 385 north. We might stop at the Hawg Stop on the way. Maybe we will see you on the road. There will be 4 of us and we will be sportin' Nebraska Blackshirt flags!!!

See ya on the road!!!!

·
Registered
565 Posts
I'm planning on leaving Omaha at 5:30 or 6:00am Friday morning. I'll be riding solo. So, if you see a Victory broken down on the side of the road, it will be me, so stop and help. :lol:

·
Registered
1,110 Posts
Discussion Starter · #12 ·
CDiddy said:
I'm planning on leaving Omaha at 5:30 or 6:00am Friday morning. I'll be riding solo. So, if you see a Victory broken down on the side of the road, it will be me, so stop and help. :lol:
Got her all fixed eh?? Sweet. Hopefully everything works fine and it runs like a top. And hell ya we will stop if we see ya. 8)

·
Registered
1,110 Posts
Discussion Starter · #14 ·
Yep made it back last night (Sunday). Had a blast!! Hit one hell of a hail storm on highway 2, just outside of Elsworth. That was on the way down Friday the 3rd. Then we hit that nasty storm last night and got dumped on all the way from Thedford to here. (about 5 hrs of continuous rain) The worst was the last hour or so. Thunder and lightning all around us and the rain was coming down so hard I could barley make out the road. But we made it, safe and sound. Pics will come later..... 8)

·
Registered
565 Posts
PsycleFreak said:
Yep made it back last night (Sunday). Had a blast!! Hit one hell of a hail storm on highway 2, just outside of Elsworth. That was on the way down Friday the 3rd. Then we hit that nasty storm last night and got dumped on all the way from Thedford to here. (about 5 hrs of continuous rain) The worst was the last hour or so. Thunder and lightning all around us and the rain was coming down so hard I could barley make out the road. But we made it, safe and sound. Pics will come later..... 8)
Sorry the weather sucked, but glad to hear you made it back okay. Look forward to seeing the pics.

·
Registered
678 Posts
Made it back on the 9th. Had a great time as always even if I got stuck in the rain on Tuesday while on Needles/Hill City. We made it to Hil City and spent a grand time in the bar on the top deck from 3 hours. Then it was off to the Chip and the Foreigner concert. They can still rock for old guys.

Got to go through the bad lands for the first time - what a trip - if you never been go and make sure you stop in Scenic SD at the longhorn what a place more characters than you can shake a stick at.

One speeding ticket in the middle of the sandhills doing 73 in a 60 :( Could not talk my way out of it even if it was on my birthday.

Here is a link to some pictures
http://www.kodakgallery.com/I.jsp?c=c4w ... &y=-jewod0

1 - 17 of 17 Posts