Honda VTX Forum banner

1 - 20 of 37 Posts

·
Registered
63 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Now that I have a bike worthy of the trip from Colorado Springs I am thinking about going to Sturgis in 2020...… Anyone else planning on making the trip?

I am looking at staying at the Chip..... Anyone stayed there?

It would be nice to see some fellow VTX'ers there...:grin2:

·
Registered
2,474 Posts
I’m going with 3 buddies that have never been before. We are staying in Rapid City. The Chip is fun and honestly, you could stay there for an entire week if you didn’t want to ride. Lots of fun stuff to do and see. Next year will be my 8th time to Sturgis.

·
Registered
391 Posts
I lived 6 miles north of Rapid City for 2 years. Like I tell everybody about Sturgis. Don't go and if you do go, go after the rally is over. There will be no one there and you will all the roads to yourself.

·
Registered
2,474 Posts
I lived 6 miles north of Rapid City for 2 years. Like I tell everybody about Sturgis. Don't go and if you do go, go after the rally is over. There will be no one there and you will all the roads to yourself.

You sound like you would be the life of the party.

·
Registered
1,995 Posts
Will I figured it out after 2 times. to Sturgis. Looks like you have not learned after 8 times.

So just because you didn’t like going to Sturgis then you assume nobody else should like going.
What's not to like????
Crowds of balding old fat dudes with their saggy boobed wife's ......dressed up as pirates and pretending to be 1%ers.
Sounds great.

·
Registered
2,474 Posts
What's not to like????
Crowds of balding old fat dudes with their saggy boobed wife's ......dressed up as pirates and pretending to be 1%ers.
Sounds great.

The 2 of you can get together and have the WannaB Downer rally. The OP simply asked who was going, not all the peeing and moaning as to why he should stay away. If you don’t like it, don’t go. Even an engineer can figure that out.

·
Registered
751 Posts
What's not to like????
Sounds great.
Guess that depends where you are. :wink2:

Attachments

·
Registered
76 Posts
What's not to like????
Sounds great.[/QUOTE]

Pirates... hahaha_____no $hi+. That observation never occurred to me. Personally I've never wanted to go, but I've definitely wanted to ride through the Black hills. I think that's what they're called or the location is.

·
Registered
8,569 Posts
So.....

if you like it depends on why you are going I suppose. I have gone during the rally and not during the rally. The riding is exceptional when there aren't a million people there.

But....

THE RALLY KICKS ASS! The people watching, parties and concerts are exceptional! Yeah, the riding is degraded a bit. So if you are set in your ways, don't like loud music and mostly naked women then I could completely see why the rally isn't your cup of tea.

Personally I would go to the rally. Especially if you have never been. I should be there this year, but I stay at glencoe. sometimes I head over to a concert at the chip but to be honest I don't go with an agenda. I just go to have fun.:thumbup:

·
Registered
8,569 Posts
To be fair - some of the mostly naked women are probably better off with clothes on. But Sturgis is like a box of chocolates - to each his own. :thumbup:

You might want to find some brain bleach though - it can leave a mark. :shock:

1 - 20 of 37 Posts