Honda VTX Forum banner
1 - 15 of 15 Posts

·
Registered
624 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Trying to plan on going to Little Sturgis, Ms. in August. Has anybody been, if so any recommendations for places to stay. Not opposed to camping if hotels are full so maybe some info on campgrounds.

Fred

·
Registered
1,370 Posts
sturgis south

WHERE IN MISSISSIPPI IS It ???????????? :D :D :D :D :D :D

·
Registered
19 Posts
MemphisFred:

I'd love to go but we have reservations for a scooter rally that weekend in Chatanooga. South MS in August is gonna be hot.

We (MKSC) used to hold our scooter rally (Dead Elvis Scooter Rally) during Elvis week but it was so hot that we moved the date to October. Chattanooga should be cooler in August, me thinks.

Cheers.

BTW: I love my VTX13C but scooters are way fun too!

·
Registered
624 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
Hot? You can bet your butt on that...Lol. That's why I'd prefer a hotel room for the A/C. Sure would be miserable in the tent.

Fred

G

·
The closest room i could find today was in Columbus MS - 40 miles from Sturgis. I was in a tent 2 years ago. The rally was good but being in the tent was Not Fun. Yes - very Hot - take lots of water, and bug spray.....

RJ

·
Registered
624 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
I called some old friends last nite that usually go every year. They said they usually tent camp at the ball field, but you need to be there before Friday and set up or you won't be able to get any shady spots. According to them that's the only campgrounds with showers.

Hey RJ, I'm assuming you tried Starkville? Was really hoping for there.

Fred

·
Registered
624 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
ROOMS FOUND! Called the University Inn in Starkville, (662-323-9550), which is about 12 miles from the Rally. Guy said they still had several rooms left. We got ours for 52.00 per nite.

Fred

·
Registered
2,452 Posts
I get to ride down for the day....but like others have said....it is usually HOT! leave your leathers at the house.

G

·
I have 2 rooms reserved at the University Inn for Friday and Saturday. I will not be going and will call the University Inn at 7:00 PM this evening to cancel the rooms. If you want/need rooms - you may call them about 7:10 PM this evening... All times Central...

·
Registered
624 Posts
Discussion Starter · #15 ·
Only 6 more days till Sturgis South...we're leaving Friday morning...anybody else going?

1 - 15 of 15 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.