Honda VTX Forum banner
1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
10,722 Posts
anyone get out for a ride?
Back in Dec. I scored a set of mint black fenders for mine. Mine were in need of love and repaint. I got the mint ones for less than I could have gotten the originals repainted. Changed the front on 5 minutes. Still in the process of changing the rear. The rear had some kinda side marker turn signals, so there is going to be some re-wiring involved. I'm not good with that, so taking my time is foremost. Plus she sits in an unheated barn, so been waiting on warmer weather to go further with it. I have the old fender sitting in place with all bolts out, but the wiring still connected. I'll get a round Tuit one of these days and proceed. Too much anti-skid on the roads, and pothole season has just begun! Good luck, brother. Where are you in Pa.?

·
Registered
1,328 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
i live in northeast pa. north of scranton. i don't like to take it out when there is salt on the roads but i couldn't help myself. springtime and clear roads are just around the corner.

·
Registered
5,432 Posts
We had a snow event and then another snow event and then ANOTHER snow event and then it was below zero for a while and then it rained like crazy for a few days and washed off all of salt and then it was 70 and sunny.

I am weak-willed and so I played hooky from work with the Wife and we rode all day.
Very refreshing !

·
Registered
1,328 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
We had a snow event and then another snow event and then ANOTHER snow event and then it was below zero for a while and then it rained like crazy for a few days and washed off all of salt and then it was 70 and sunny.

I am weak-willed and so I played hooky from work with the Wife and we rode all day.
Very refreshing !
we are due for a heavy rain today, hopefully all the salt and anti skid will be gone.

·
Registered
10,722 Posts
we are due for a heavy rain today, hopefully all the salt and anti skid will be gone.
Slim chance. The rain will help, but a broom truck is the best way to rid the roads of anti-skid

·
Registered
10,722 Posts
Reactions: TennX
1 - 12 of 12 Posts