Honda VTX Forum banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Premium Member
6,532 Posts
In 2014, riding from Deadwood during the Sturgis rally, in the rain, back to our camp, a tree was hit not but 100 yards from the road. Yup ... underwear check!

·
Registered
28,543 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
In 2014, riding from Deadwood during the Sturgis rally, in the rain, back to our camp, a tree was hit not but 100 yards from the road. Yup ... underwear check!

I wouldn't have to check, I'd know...

·
Registered
28,543 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Not to change the subject...but this reminded me...

A few years ago I got caught in a downpour, the sky turned real dark,with lightning like the pic, which isn't too common here.
Pulled under a bridge to wait it out.

A couple minutes later a State cop pulls up behind me.
We're sitting there for a few minutes & he's still in the cruiser.

I look back, & he waves, then give me the "Thumbs up."

After a couple more minutes it's let up enough to ride home, so I start the bike.
As I pull out, he does too, then passes me.

As he did, I noticed he had his rear facing part of his lightbar flashing, then he turned it off.
I'm guessing with it being so dark with the rain & lightning, he was behind me with his lites on so no one who had the same idea as I did & stop under the bridge, would hit me. :dontknow:

·
Super Moderator
63,684 Posts
I was actually hit by lightning about 20 years ago. I never saw anything. One second I was pulling a 6 foot load bar of aluminum up into the freezer truck I was driving, next thing I know I am waking up on the ground outside the truck with several women standing over me mouthing to me "What happened...We heard you scream......are you all right...." I was driving a truck for Market Day, a school co-op that would sell food to parents for profit for the school. I was at a little Catholic school Our Lady of the Ridge in Chicago Ridge, IL. when a bad storm front came rolling in. We just finished the unload and the Market Day Rep asked if I wanted help before the rains came. Told her I got it, thank God I did, whe would have been on the ground when that lightning hit the large tree I was parked under. I was up inside the truck so I just got a finger of the main bolt of lightning. 6 of the fingers of my gloves were charred and I had a hole in my right shoe sole. I spent the night in the ICU hooked up to all kinds of heart monitors. I lost my hearing for around 5 hours. That was a bad day indeed but all I could think about was "Oh crap!! What the heck did I scream when I was hit? " There were classrooms right there and all I could hope was "Hope I didn't yell something like 'Holy F... "

PS......I didn't crap my pants ;)

·
Premium Member
6,532 Posts
I was actually hit by lightning about 20 years ago. I never saw anything. One second I was pulling a 6 foot load bar of aluminum up into the freezer truck I was driving, next thing I know I am waking up on the ground outside the truck with several women standing over me mouthing to me "What happened...We heard you scream......are you all right...." I was driving a truck for Market Day, a school co-op that would sell food to parents for profit for the school. I was at a little Catholic school Our Lady of the Ridge in Chicago Ridge, IL. when a bad storm front came rolling in. We just finished the unload and the Market Day Rep asked if I wanted help before the rains came. Told her I got it, thank God I did, whe would have been on the ground when that lightning hit the large tree I was parked under. I was up inside the truck so I just got a finger of the main bolt of lightning. 6 of the fingers of my gloves were charred and I had a hole in my right shoe sole. I spent the night in the ICU hooked up to all kinds of heart monitors. I lost my hearing for around 5 hours. That was a bad day indeed but all I could think about was "Oh crap!! What the heck did I scream when I was hit? " There were classrooms right there and all I could hope was "Hope I didn't yell something like 'Holy F... "

PS......I didn't crap my pants ;)

Thankful you are here to tell us about it. Wasn't your time I guess.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts