Honda VTX Forum banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
816 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
i'm thinking of swapping parts with another vtx owner. we don't know each other and we're too far away from each other to do the swap in person.

i'm not worried as much about the condition of the part i'm getting as much as the person saying they will send the part to me and never does while i've already sent them my part. ANY SUGGESTIONS TO KEEP FROM GETTING RIPPED OFF.

·
Registered
102 Posts
I have done numerous transactions with the people on this board. My attitude is that if people are going get you, they will get you. Why let it be your focus? I have yet to have any sort of problem with anyone. Even to the point of sending out parts before getting a check and vice versa.

·
Registered
1,696 Posts
I've been looking through the classifieds here and have sold and bought some stuff so i understand your concern.
First it seems to me that the longer a person has been posting here and how active they are should be considered. I know for one i spend a good amount of time here getting info and enjoying talking bikes. So i wouldn't want to rip off someone and risk em coming on here saying SicTex took my stuff and never paid. So i'm a little leary of those with only 3 or 4 post or a new member.
Also make sure you get a phone number and whatever contact info you can. I sold some leathers on the board and thought if i ever had anything else to sell i would email the folks who already had bought something from me and list em as kinda refrences. So people could pm and ask if they got their stuff in a timely manner etc. I often have some Brothers who are selling helmets,leathers etc and it's alot easier just to list it here then go the ebay way. Think the refs and contact info would make it more comfortable for those looking to buy.
If something in the tone of the sellers emails or just a feeling you have makes you think you might be up for a rip off, just back off. It's only a good deal if you get your stuff.

sorry to ramble on but i've been looking at a few things to buy on the board here and have had your same thoughts..

Scott
www.kingdomriders.com
www.cmatexas.org

·
Registered
1,075 Posts
I've got it! You can both send the parts to me, then I will send them to you (unless I like them myself) :roll:

·
Registered
248 Posts
Today I put my money in the mail, for an item that has been sent to me without them having the money first. TRUST

After talking with the other individual involved I trust him to do as he said and I hope he trust me also. I will break my back to make sure things go well and can say that I will probably gain a friend out of the deal. We may never leave our marks on the same road but you never know.

It is nice to read a post like VTXtreme and see what trust and making new friends can do.

Go with what feels right and trust as often as possible.

RattlerX

·
Registered
14,249 Posts
Guys, I gotta agree. Daddy taught me to always give a man the benefit of the doubt. Show his respect and trust, and continue to do so until he gives you a reason not to. My daddy came from the "Old School" (1927-2000), and I don't believe I have ever been disappointed by what he taught me. Thank Dad.

·
Registered
799 Posts
VTXOA members

As others have said, I have bought and sold here (and given stuff away). I've never had a problem. Now would I send a Rolex without cashing the check first, probably not. But I figure a couple of hundred worth of parts won't break me if someone has to lie to get them.

·
Registered
125 Posts
edit: scratch that. I suggested using escrow.com before I re read that you want to swap parts.

Yeah, I agree with others, just ship it and not worry about it.

Too much coffee today.
later.

·
Registered
750 Posts
trades

Hello,

ask for personal info , feedback from other boards , feedback from auction sites , and if you still dont feel good about a trade , just do your trades like this agree to ship the item to you first , if the party doesnt want to trade this way look on to the next deal as they come everyday .
ive done over 25K in gun deals over the last 6 years on the net and havent had to make a road trip yet .

G

·
0 Posts
trust until proven other wise

hi,
i know this ol world has many bad folks...
however i believe most are good...

i trust people until they give me a reason not too...
of course you have to have a bit of common sense when dealing with anyone...

yeah, i been burned before, not from anyone here of course, but i figure if they needed it that bad and chose to treat another human being that way, then they will get whats coming to them someday, by someone!

thats my way of doing things and my averages are great!
.....trust makes you trustworthy......

take care

texascruzer

1 - 10 of 10 Posts