Honda VTX Forum banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
2,634 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I bought the Ultimate Bigboy seat which sits you about an inch higher. I've waited to make sure the seat has been broken in, but no change. The position of my arms are straighter and lower which causes some sore elbows after long rides. Any opinions on risers?

·
Registered
2,634 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Thanks Chicago Spike...

·
Registered
2,423 Posts
I did that very thing with my '03 Retro. In my case I didn't want the bars closer as I have longer arms than most so I mounted the risers backwards. I probably gained 2" in height and pushed the bar 3'-4" further forward than the standard installation. I'd only recommend this if you're at least 6'-5", though.

Good luck with whatever you decide. I hope this helps. :D

·
Registered
683 Posts
Bought the Ultimate Big Boy myself and had to get risers. As Spike suggests get the C model risers if you can. I bought some here for $40. Big difference in riding now. Much more comfortable.

·
Registered
2,173 Posts
Or, you could blow a few more bucks and get the Rivco's....and keep your VTX logo top clamp. I've been happy with them.

·
Registered
481 Posts
do it, get some "C" raisers, you keep the top clamp with the VTX on it, even at 5'4" what a difference in the riding position. you'll love it.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts