Honda VTX Forum banner

1 - 12 of 12 Posts
G

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Anyone recommend a not too expensive light weight summer leather jacket?

·
Registered
464 Posts
I was jacket shopping last week. I ended up going to local shop selling bike jackets/gear and ATV gear. I found a Jacket, it was leather on a rack for $250 marked down to $125 and it was on the 50% off rack. I tried it on and liked it, but was hesitant cause I wanted to find something a little more my style. I ended up buying it, brought it to the counter and paid $68! It was marked 50% off the $125! I was pumped. It is a ZR jacket. Its black and its leather, what I wanted anyway. My last Jacket was Red/ for my Red bike. Wanted a black on this time. Its comfortable, hell for $68 that is.

·
Registered
4,958 Posts
not leather, but cool as a breaze and has body armor
check out the Joe Rocket line, I love em.

·
Registered
181 Posts
I've got a Joe rocket textile, which has body armor, a zip-out liner for cold weather, and zip vents for hot weather. It has bright red shoulders and arms with a wide white stripe running across the chest and back and down the arms, so myopic cagers might see me a little better. It's even pretty resistant to rain. I love the jacket, and would not go back to leather. Cost $140 new and worth it.

04 1300C with a small fortune in mods.

·
Registered
8,588 Posts
DAng I should have paid more attention to the brand on the leather jacket I saw at the dealers yesterday. It had lots of holes on it to let air in for summer riding. The holes were done it looked faishionable too. I think it had a net like liner inside. So yeah they are out there but sorry I couldn't help ya here :oops: It looked like a biker jacket not a crotch rocket's jacket...

·
Registered
92 Posts
jacket

I've got a First Gear textile with armour. Keeps me cool in the summer. Feels like being in the shade with a breeze. Great quality and very durable.
weezer

·
Registered
94 Posts
Perforated leather jacket

Try the AGV Breeze perforated leather jacket. Has armored elbow, shoulder and back pads. I've worn it in 90+ weather and it has been a "breeze!" About $180, but well worth it.
I have the Joe rocket mesh with leather sides that is also nice, but I've seen crashes with this jacket on and, while ok, the full leather breeze should be better. Of course the Joe Rocket was about $130. Nice colors.

·
Registered
1,578 Posts
i have a joe rocket reactor.it's great for summer.

1 - 12 of 12 Posts