Honda VTX Forum banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
379 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Just installed my new SuperTrap Mean Mothers tonight. Purchased and installed the baffles as per another members request, and they are still loud. Very nice when you hammer down from any gear, but a bit too loud coming or going through the neighborhood. Anyone know of an aftermarket baffle or I have read about a ceramic wrap of the baffle of some kind that would help me just a little?
I think I saw that Bare has the same pipes ... if so, Bare, would you PM me for some input? There is quite a bit of popping/backfire on slow decel and no, I don't have an aftermarket fuel manager or de-smog on the bike.
Thanks all for this great board and your invaluable input.

·
Registered
301 Posts
i see your handle is fatbackretro so i'm assuming you have an 1800 retro?? if so how did you get the mean mothers to fit? i emailed them and they said they would fit a C only...
thanks

·
Registered
379 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
The short of the long story is .... my local dealer told me he had a '03 retro on the way to me ... up until the last minute when he confessed he didn't, so if I wanted the good deal on the '03, I would have to take a "C".
There went my handle. Guess I need to change it to fatbackcustom. lol
Although, I still may attempt the sumo fat retro conversion on the C. Time will tell.
So, they fit on my C, not the R, to answer your inquiry.

·
Registered
649 Posts
meanmothers

I installed my mothers the night before last :twisted: yes they are loud. I was told to get some fiber tape, or header wrap and keep lightly wrapping until I get the sound that I want. Have you done the de-smog yet? That will make it nicer also.

·
Registered
498 Posts
Vance and Hines Quiet Baffles... They fit in the Mean Mothers and make a GREAT sound... Only way I can get away with riding mine in and out of the nieghborhood and not pissing off the neighbors...

Mike

·
Registered
379 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
I will see if I can get my hands on some of those V&H's, Thanks Mike.
I rode the beast to work this morning for the first time. Of course, all the guys loved the sound ... but then again, they don't live in my neighborhood!

1 - 7 of 7 Posts