Honda VTX Forum banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts
G

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
does anybody know if a supercharger (kit) is available for the 1300 motor? i seen lamonster's valk' on his website with a supercharger..awesome!

be cool if one was available for the smaller x.

texascruzer

·
Registered
686 Posts
Magnacharger may make one. Check out their website. Be prepared to shell out over $5000 for the show polished version.

·
Registered
362 Posts
I talked to Bill Bushling the owner of Magnacharger a few weeks ago about a unit for the 1300 and he stated he has no plans for one. I have one of his chargers on my 84 Gold Wing. (see at www.wingmeter.com - click on GL1200 Cafe') Have known him for about 10 years. He has a supercharger on everything he owns including his shop towmotor. He has a Yamaha V-Max with supercharger,turbocharger and nitrous. I have not seen the running bike but have seen the complete engine on stand. When he first built it he rode it one time and pulled the engine out and put on stand. I heard he had put it back together and took to Sturgis a couple years ago and could not keep driveshafts.
He also was original builder of Bushtec trailers and sold to John Preston.
Phillip

G

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
okay thanks..

brihvac said:
Magnacharger may make one. Check out their website. Be prepared to shell out over $5000 for the show polished version.

i'll give it a try...thanks
tc

G

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
wow...what a ride..

matman said:
I talked to Bill Bushling the owner of Magnacharger a few weeks ago about a unit for the 1300 and he stated he has no plans for one. I have one of his chargers on my 84 Gold Wing. (see at www.wingmeter.com - click on GL1200 Cafe') Have known him for about 10 years. He has a supercharger on everything he owns including his shop towmotor. He has a Yamaha V-Max with supercharger,turbocharger and nitrous. I have not seen the running bike but have seen the complete engine on stand. When he first built it he rode it one time and pulled the engine out and put on stand. I heard he had put it back together and took to Sturgis a couple years ago and could not keep driveshafts.
He also was original builder of Bushtec trailers and sold to John Preston.
Phillip
ahh to bad but maybe someday someone will have one...i think the x's will be around for a while..
the vmax sounds awesome...i dont see how he even hangs onto it with all that....the gold wing he built is the first one i seen with a supercharger other than lamonsters valkery....that with nitros...whew...!

tc

·
Registered
362 Posts
I built the Wing , he didn't. the first charger i had broke and purchased a new one from him after a long search. Gary Magnasun (spelling?) built the first ones and he sold out to Bill Bushling.

·
Registered
14,249 Posts
I have seen at least 6 wings with superchargers. Mostly GL1000s, and GL1100s. With @ 3 pounds, they make some impressive numbers. They ain't your grandpa's Wing.

·
Registered
362 Posts
my 84 GL1200 with six pounds boost that come in full about 3000 rpm dynos at 110 hp at rear wheel. have other gears for 1500rpm and 5000 rpm.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts