Honda VTX Forum banner
1 - 20 of 25 Posts

·
Registered
260 Posts
They should be able to do that to ALL people that are running from cops. If they have 3-5 minutes of good video of the fool running like that and endangering the lives of others. The bumper should be 4 inch thick and spiked. PLENTY OF TIME AND WELL LIT PLACES TO PULL OVER. Guys like that make it difficult for the rest of us law abiding people.

·
Read Only
1,671 Posts
judging by the famous mich u-turn roads and all of the construction i believe that is right near my house in mich.
i heard dispatch say "outer drive" that road is near me.

anyhow, i was on edge the whole time!!!

i kept waiting for him to get t-boned while blasting through the reds.

·
Mad Hatter
21,343 Posts
Holly Cow :shock: :shock: That Biker was an Idiot :lol: :lol: :lol: But was that Cop ever Pissed at the End :roll: No Need for all the dumb threats & coments, He had Him down and was Cuffing Him :wink: :wink:

·
Mad Hatter
21,343 Posts
maskedman72 said:
jetmech, could you plse post some pix of the x in your sig photo?

it looks amazing.
I think He posted some a little while back.. It is a Very Sweet Looking Bike!!!

·
Registered
795 Posts
Kevin Kuiper said:
Holly Cow :shock: :shock: That Biker was an Idiot :lol: :lol: :lol: But was that Cop ever Pissed at the End :roll: No Need for all the dumb threats & coments, He had Him down and was Cuffing Him :wink: :wink:
No need to threaten him? The Dumb Sh-- should have been run over. Another Black eye for the rest of us bikers. No need to threaten him?????

·
Registered
260 Posts

·
Registered
457 Posts
He got what he deserved. Yeah I kept waiting for him to get T-boned too!

·
Registered
19 Posts
Yes I agree The biker should get his just rewards. However The cop.. Yes the cop was way out of line. He took a speeding offence and made it into his own version of Justifiabe Homicide! Screw you and I on our way home we do not matter, We get creamed SO WHAT!
He (the cop) and the idiot he was chasing went fast, very fast. Ran lights and so on. Then he rammed the bike with an ending that was predetermined (crash) your son or my brother commiting the act of speeding and dangerous driving and as a reult is potentially killed by a Police officer for just that, is that acceptable ? It is not to me.
Whatever happened to using your radio? this cop is a cowboy and would be fired if he tried it here in Ontario. To many inocent bystanders were killed and maimed here so new pursuit rules have been enforced. Get the plate # if you can then back off and wait. There are plenty of opportunitys to catch him without this. This is not me talking this is the RCMP
Anyway google Ghost rider and watch some Euro cops make an Ass of themselves

·
Registered
9,510 Posts
suncoast said:
Yes I agree The biker should get his just rewards. However The cop.. Yes the cop was way out of line. He took a speeding offence and made it into his own version of Justifiabe Homicide! Screw you and I on our way home we do not matter, We get creamed SO WHAT!
He (the cop) and the idiot he was chasing went fast, very fast. Ran lights and so on. Then he rammed the bike with an ending that was predetermined (crash) your son or my brother commiting the act of speeding and dangerous driving and as a reult is potentially killed by a Police officer for just that, is that acceptable ? It is not to me.
Whatever happened to using your radio? this cop is a cowboy and would be fired if he tried it here in Ontario. To many inocent bystanders were killed and maimed here so new pursuit rules have been enforced. Get the plate # if you can then back off and wait. There are plenty of opportunitys to catch him without this. This is not me talking this is the RCMP
Anyway google Ghost rider and watch some Euro cops make an Ass of themselves
I agree! The cop had the plate and for ten minutes put multiple families in jeopardy. I do not agree with the idiot running nor do I condone it. But every intersection they ran through could have killed a family, my family. The pursuit should have been called early on.

·
Registered
143 Posts
That cop was horrible. He exhibited the classic "go where you look". Notice when the bike brakes hard, the cop starts drifting right on over up the biker's rear end even though he's got plenty of room all over the road. He gets on the brakes too much and the car teeters near going out of control.

I think that if i were the biker that i might just keep running too. This cop is at least as dangerous as anything else out on the road. The biker can't even pull over without the cop running him over. No, i don't think any of the three times the cop hit the bike it was intentional.

I'm all for taking out a runner, car or bike, at the first sign of taking off. There are some good ways to do it. This was just a cop not qualified for high speed chases being extremely homicidal in his ineptitude.

Maybe the cop was just too distracted by the radio to focus on driving. What's up with asking about speed and traffic every 5 seconds? That was annoying.

·
Registered
147 Posts
Police pursuit

There may be some justifiable reasons for a police pursuit, but speeding isn't one of them. Due to the camera angle, I can't say the officer wasn't looking at cross traffic or if he got the infamous tunnel vision. Eitherway some departments do have policies in effect that instruct Officers to come to a complete stop before going through an intersection with a red light or stop sign. Some as my own, don't support pursuit of motorcycles. A fresh pursuit for felonies are permitted using caution as to not endanger lives and with the continuing approval from a supervisor. I am not going to judge that Officer because I wasn't in his shoes. If he went against his departments policies, he is probably working at Home Depot now. Down here only the county can use the PIT manuever. We have other units that can intercept and we have helicopters the county can dispatch if this guy was goint to be a threat to civilian lives or another Officer. As far as the Officer's action when apprehending the idiot, I for one can say that adrenaline has an effect on what comes out of your mouth and with so many people with camera's it is wise to hold your tongue. There was nothing wrong with threatening the guys life because if the guy is believed to have a gun and he decides to make the wrong move, we will do just that without hesitation. Cops are people too. We have families. Everyday we strap the extra 35 pounds of cargo around our waist and head out to the unknown, our intentions are to keep the peace, protect the innocent, and uphold the law. In states like FL, where gun possession is extemely easy, just about everyone has a firearm. Kids that are 12, 14-16 years of age are committing the worst of the crimes. So, in the Officers defense, I am sure he wanted to go home after his shift, Good arrest and be safe.

·
Registered
147 Posts
Moekazi said:
That cop was horrible. He exhibited the classic "go where you look". Notice when the bike brakes hard, the cop starts drifting right on over up the biker's rear end even though he's got plenty of room all over the road. He gets on the brakes too much and the car teeters near going out of control.

I think that if i were the biker that i might just keep running too. This cop is at least as dangerous as anything else out on the road. The biker can't even pull over without the cop running him over. No, i don't think any of the three times the cop hit the bike it was intentional.

I'm all for taking out a runner, car or bike, at the first sign of taking off. There are some good ways to do it. This was just a cop not qualified for high speed chases being extremely homicidal in his ineptitude.

Maybe the cop was just too distracted by the radio to focus on driving. What's up with asking about speed and traffic every 5 seconds? That was annoying.
First, Dispatcher is following protocol for pursuit. Variables like speed, weather, traffic and such determine wether or not to continue or shut it down. Every transmission is recorded and will be used if necessary to support or condemn the Officer in court so you know. If there is one thing that really burns an LEO, it is someone who tries to flee. That alone is enough to want to smack the dumb out of someone if it were allowed. If you noticed, after it was all said and done, the Officer was actually concerned for the idiots health. Having lived all over the world, I would like to see how the Japanese or Italian Police would have handled this. We are soft on this side. Criminals have more rights in prisons then normal people have in some othe countries I have been to.

·
Registered
1,568 Posts
First. All states require you to STOP for lawful detainment. Notice stupid had trouble making up his mind if he would pull over or not. New he did something. In fact he just about came to a complete stop once. Then took off, and made the U-turn.
First time LEO did fade. Then it looks more like he is trying to intimidate the perp. Not long into the action he was OKed for take down maneuver. You have to listen closely. You can tell he was trained and waited for approval, because he didn't perform the maneuver at the the best opportunity he had in the beginning. He should have performed the maneuver in the first right hand turn after the U-turn. You can see that he started to effect this, but backed off. Speed and Traffic was dispatch or rank, as stated. Take down was correct, he could have accelerated and just pinned him down, but the Radiator was hot. Don't wanna do that.

He bolts, then runs to the back of the yard, out of camera range and where it is wooded. You can, though not plainly, see him fumbling in his waist or jacket as he ran to the rear of the yard. Conveniently out of the camera range. You can hear the LEO wanting to see his hands. Orders him to the ground and to place hands behind his back and inter-lock his fingers. As for the Blowing his head off if given reason. SOP. He is criminal, you need to go home to your family. You need to keep that Perp guessing, just enough to give you the edge to protect yourself. Many of them are not interested in being a hero. They are usually dead.

As for the THE HOW MANY PEOPLE DID THAT SOB RISK. It wasn't BECAUSE THE LEO CHASED HIM, BUT BECAUSE HE, the perpetrator, "REFUSED" TO SUBMIT TO A LAWFUL STOP.

One last note. Listen to the conversational exchange at the end, about the 01:01:03 mark

LEO: " You have any thing on ya?"

Perp: " Not-ne-more"....

Wonder what that means...
Canada, not even going to comment. Various reasons, including not enough knowledge.
Have a friend that was with the German Police. Now a legal US resident, told me that No one ever ran there, or at least after the first one did and got caught. :shock:

·
Registered
3,421 Posts
I know alot of people are split on this one, but it comes down to what is acceptable and policy in that jurisdiction. Most departments are going to very restrictive pursuit policies, but others still are very loose and open for interpretation. I know almost all departments around here have policies against pitting a car, I don't know of any that address motorcycles specifically. The trend in this area is spike strips and they work well against vehicles. If he was within his legal limits and within policy, we can't bash the officer for something he was trained to do. No matter if we personally liked it or not. This goes the same with the length of the pursuit and danger it posed to the public, same policies and prodecures and laws cover that too.

Until they are told not to do things like that, they can do it. They aren't getting away with anything, it was obviously documented thoroughly and I'm sure that if he violated anything he would have been held accountable. I'd say the use of force was justifiable and reasonable given the situation and circumstances.

Just my .02

1 - 20 of 25 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.