·
Registered
842 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Just curious.

1) Water & Soap
2) Polishing Cleaner & Rags
3) Something Else

If you use water & soap, what kind of soap do you use? And how do you get all the nukes & crannies dry?

Thanks.

OhioBob

·
Registered
5,065 Posts
I rideyear round, rain, snow or shine.....so my bike is dirty more than it is clean....but....when I do clean it is usually a full wash job....zip wax soap and warm water, sheepskin mitt.....air blower to dry her off.

Sometimes once a week, or sometimes once in three....depends on the weather......

I have used a detail spray a few times but it is like putting a bandaid on an open heart surgery......plus, rubbing that dirt against the paint and chrome to try to get it off creates scratches....so I try not to do it too often.

·
Registered
263 Posts
I use the Mr. Clean thing. Works pretty good then I dry with a stihl leaf blower. Has anyone used the s100 spray cleaner?

·
Registered
3,587 Posts
Wayne I know for a fact you have washed your bike in the last month.

I use dish soap a brush the garden hose and dry with a chamious if I cant reach it it don't get dry till I ride and that would be everyday rain or shine.

·
Registered
5,065 Posts
Charlie D said:
Wayne I know for a fact you have washed your bike in the last month.

I use dish soap a brush the garden hose and dry with a chamious if I cant reach it it don't get dry till I ride and that would be everyday rain or shine.
Watch out with the dish soap....It will remove the dirt just fine but it also removes WAX and protectants.....

·
Registered
74 Posts
I just take it to the local car wash...

Put the bike on the canveyor, and my feet on the rails for balance. Then I let it pull me through. This is highly effective cause at the same time I just wear a speedo and get my monthly bath.

·
Registered
2,537 Posts
Infrequently.

however when I do, I have one of those Mr Clean spot free cleaner things, seems to work well. I also will dust off the bike regularly (2 road to my house, both dirt) and spot clean with mothers detail spray (live that stuff)

·
Registered
6,100 Posts
I'll wash it using the MR. Clean car wash thing. But I'll use Dawn dish liquid instead of any other soap. In between washes, I'll maintain it using a spray detailer. There are several good ones I've found. Mequiars Quick Detailer and Nanowax are 2 that I use the most.

I've repainted the bike in BLACK and if anything will show up on a color, scratches/swirls will show up on BLACK. I have not seen any sign of scratches/swirls due to road dust etc. as shadango has said.

BACK IN BLACK.....

·
Registered
164 Posts
I use a Mother's car wash liquid then dry with a chamois and Zymol spray wax. Usually the wash mitt can fit into all the tight spots and the chamois does a good job getting the water picked up. Then let it sit in the sunlight until I get my gear on to take it for a spin.

·
Registered
7,175 Posts
Honda Polish and a good wash about twice per year

·
Registered
324 Posts
I wash it with Armor All wash and a garden hose. I dry it with a Leaf Blower for the most part and then go over it with a terry cloth. My neighbors look at me kind of funny when I'm leaf blowing my bike but, hey, they've got their own issues. I polish the paint and chrome every month or two.

·
Registered
318 Posts
For the wash

1. Dish soap (Beware this can and in most cases will remove the wax, I do this because I want to remove the old stuff everytime.)
2. Dry with a HIGH Quality shammy

For the finish up.

1. Mcquires Scratch X
2. 3m Hand Glaze
3. Car Brite Butter Wax
4. Mothers Chrome Polish

1 - 20 of 29 Posts