Honda VTX Forum banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
153 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
is this engine a single or two pin? also how does this bike compare to the 1300c vtx as far as performance? off the line, 50 to 80 roll ons, and quarter mile times? anybody have any specs on both? how about the riding comfort? if any of you have had both please comment on them. thanks in advance.

G

·
0 Posts
intruder 1400

Hi,
i had a 2000 vlp1400 suzuki intruder..
it is a nice bike, lightweight, pretty quick in short runs...
real chrome, fairly comfortable with a chopper style feel to the ride.

i now have the 1300c, which i like better for several reasons.
one, the vtx is a single pin crank, the intruder is dual pin......
the x handles better, plus does not have the slow speed front end flop you have with the raked front end of the intruder...

the x is heavier, rides more stable on the big road and doesnt move around near as much as the intruder did....it is not as quick on take offs or roll ons as the intruder due mostly to the weight, but is real close as far as the feel of the pull...the intruders torque is low to mid range than flattens out big time near the top...with my x now having a jet kit it has strong pull (across low, mid and a bunch) on top
the top speed on the x is higher than on the intruder, for what thats worth, i dont drive 105 plus anyway....

the x is watercooled and the engine is not as noisy as the oil/air cooled intruder.....the indicator lights on the intruder is hard to see especially during the daytime....the x is not..

the styling of the x is more modern and the intruder is more 70'ish....
(my opinion)

i like the x's cast wheels n tubless tires over the spoke wheels and tubed tires of the intruder even though they do look good on the intruder

this is a brief summary on my experience with the two bikes...

the intruder has alot of bang for the buck...so does the X and a much better bike in many ways for me.

texascruzer

G

·
0 Posts
link for performance stats..

http://www.users.qwest.net/~ghakala/bike fastest1.htm

this link i got off an earlier post that shows different bikes performance stats...i did not see the c model x...but i'm sure it's close the the x model listed....also i didnt see the intruder 1400, but it list the heavier/slower 1500lc intruder....hope this helps with some of your questions..

texascruzer

1 - 3 of 3 Posts