Honda VTX Forum banner
1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
55 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Has anyone replaced swing arm bearings/bushing, or done any type of swing arm maintenance?
Any suggestions or experiences with what this involves would be greatly appreciated.

Thank You,
Sirdayle
https://dmcenterprises.mychoices.biz

·
Registered
7,195 Posts
All I can say is there's not much grease on them. Best if you have a manual, there is an order in torque sequence, a special tool an a 10lb preload torque on the bearings.

·
Registered
2,386 Posts
ive had mine replaced with a chrome one...let me just say..if you dont have the right "L" alen wrench you will mess it up....they are tough to crack loose.thread is known to strip also...

there is a sequence to tightening also..if you are absalutly not sure..do not do this
yourself!!!!
do a simple check...
better yet..put bike on stand..take shocks off so swing arm is free..
get a bar or something under either side of inside swing arm and put a little leverage under it..if you do not see any play.or better yet hold tire and try to twist whole thing.."with somebody holdingbike on stand for you while you do this" if you dont feel anything moving..then leave it the heck alone..
there is very little swing movement actualy with the cup bearings..they are packed with grease from factory..this area does not heat up while riding at all..

my 2 cents

1 - 3 of 3 Posts