Honda VTX Forum banner

1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Registered
21 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hello everyone !!!!I'm installing a fuse box (PC-8) on my VTX 1300 and I'm looking for an alternate site for my switched power as the brown cable to the rear brake light is taken by my brake flasher module. Is there an open accessory fuse terminal/box under the seat? I have read you can access the aux fog light in the headlight but do I need to run a wire up to the light or can I tap into it closer to battery area? Thanks

·
Registered
21 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Hello Hans&Feet, Thank you for your reply,

To answer your question: I'm using an Eastern Beaver PC-8 Fuse Block (https://easternbeaver.com/Main/Wiring_Kits/Fuseboxes/PC-8/pc-8.html) where the switched power I'm looking for will feed 6 switched slots plus there are 2 unswitched (constant hot) slots. There is an external relay attached so power will trigger the relay before going to fuse box. I was trying to attach the fuse box pictures but they are not loading so I added the HTTPS address for your perusal.

Thanks again

·
Registered
2,465 Posts
Hello everyone !!!!I'm installing a fuse box (PC-8) on my VTX 1300 and I'm looking for an alternate site for my switched power as the brown cable to the rear brake light is taken by my brake flasher module. Is there an open accessory fuse terminal/box under the seat? I have read you can access the aux fog light in the headlight but do I need to run a wire up to the light or can I tap into it closer to battery area? Thanks

The power for the fuse box should come from the battery through a relay. The power needed to operate the relay is very little so you should be fine to utilize the same brown wire that powers the rear tail light.

·
Registered
21 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Hi everyone!

I had posted a reply but it did not go thru so this is what I'm using:

an Eastern Beaver Power Center (PC-8), 6 switched slots and 2 unswitched slots, the hot line I'm looking for will supply the switched slots thru a relay.Instead of double tapping the brown wire, is there an open switch near the seat area?

Thanks Hans&Feet, steveroy60 and Prkuehn for your replies.

Endocane

Attachments

·
Registered
21 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
Got it!

Thanks everyone for their replies!!

Any other thoughts on my need to tap another source rather than double tapping the brown light wire (even thought its going thru a relay)?

Thanks

·
Registered
10,803 Posts
The Brown wire in the right side cover is the best choice.
A less critical circuit than brake lights and you get a quick indication if the fuse goes open from a dead speedo.
I have wrapped wire around a wire terminal shank and soldered it on for another feed wire.
Do not use a clip on wire tap connector, it scores the strands which tend to break easily.
Solder is the best..

·
Registered
21 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
Thanks Hands&Feet,

This will be my Christmas project! Looking at the schematics there are multiple taps to the brown wire so this will be it!

Let everyone know how it turns out!

Endocane

·
Registered
6,004 Posts
I have replaced my 6 fuses in my Advanced Auto fuse block with the more expensive EZ ID ones, that light up when one blows. Save you a lot of time & aggravation later.

·
Registered
21 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
Thanks Rangers4u!

What are you running in your fuse box? Did u also replace the fuses in the bikes original fuse box with the EZ ID fuses?

·
Registered
6,004 Posts
Thanks Rangers4u!

What are you running in your fuse box? Did u also replace the fuses in the bikes original fuse box with the EZ ID fuses?
Yes, I've replaced ALL of them, and keep spares on board j.i.c. I have my road lights on 1, my showy LEDs on 1, my Wolo on 1, my handlebar power port on 1, power for my satellite radio for 1, and one unused at this time.

1 - 14 of 14 Posts