Honda VTX Forum banner

1 - 18 of 18 Posts

·
Premium Member
3,870 Posts
I am no oil expert, but on my previous ride I would use conventional oil sometimes and full synthetic sometimes, didn't do anything but change from one to the other at oil change time. I wouldn't mix them but IMO using one or the other at different times doesn't hurt anything. Just use a premium brand and the right viscosity.

·
Old Goat
25,615 Posts
Nothing needed for swapping. But why would you want to? Synthetic is objectively a better lubricant in all the real data I’ve ever seen.
THIS.....^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^..

Reactions: chuck_VTX F

·
Premium Member
3,870 Posts
Nothing needed for swapping. But why would you want to? Synthetic is objectively a better lubricant in all the real data I’ve ever seen.
I agree 100% with this. There is nothing wrong with conventional oil but full synthetic is superior, worth it to me. That's all I use in my VTX.

·
Super Moderator
64,002 Posts
NEVER, EVER use an engine flush, these do more harm than good.

After that, you can switch between the 2 anytime you want to. Just change the oil

·
Registered
1,461 Posts
Good answer, Spike, thanks.

Now that the actual question has been answered, there is no need for more interrogation of the OP's choice.
Question answered satisfactorily, close the thread, please. Otherwise it will blow up fast.

·
Registered
1,461 Posts
Funny. Nah, I don't care to censor, this is a free country afterall. Or at least used to be.
I just want to prevent yet another flaming war of synthetic-vs-regular-oil.
Maybe we can prevent it by shifting the topic a little?
So what about LED vs HID bulb for my stock headlight? :)
Or should I go with a car tire on my bike? :D

·
Registered
2,864 Posts
Concrete in the crash-bars! There's a blast from the past. Anyone remember who that cat was? He was a regular at the time. Must of been around '05 - '07? I joined originally as Jimbo from my work computer in 3/05. It was soon after that. Some classic VTXOA comedy for sure.

·
Registered
2,864 Posts
That may be it dud, rings a bell.

·
Premium Member
12,922 Posts
Wasn't it seabear who said you should have a good 1300' of rope in your desk in an office tower? "Just in case" of a 9/11? Common sense, really.
Hell, you could have a whole thread full of duug.
Memories...

Reactions: dud-57

·
Premium Member
12,922 Posts
Or should I go with a car tire on my bike? :D
I used to go into the CT threads and post "You can't run a car tire on a motorcycle---and even if you could, the VTX rim won't accept any size of actual car tire."
lol

Reactions: dud-57

·
Registered
11,216 Posts
^^^ Oh man, good times. Been a long time since I thought of the old secret agent Seabear. Or was it secret squirrel? Hilarious stuff. And that loon Roadrage would go on the craziest libtard rants, it would make Turdley look sane by comparison.

We drove Lamont crazy. He fussed about combative threads, so the most popular Hotbox thread of all time was the puppies and kittens thread. So funny; completely cute and innocent. And tremendously long... man, what a hoot. So naturally, if a moderator sees us having fun, those threads had to be nuked. The pretend excuse was “they were too long; took up too much bandwidth”. So, if long threads were a problem, the board was completely swamped with short single-entry threads. Black Mtn Man was a master. Examples -
Three consecutive nonsense threads:
I like this;
This, not so much;
Kinda so so.
So funny. Some of that stuff made me laugh so hard, I cried. Whew.... good times.

1 - 18 of 18 Posts