Honda VTX Forum banner

1 - 16 of 16 Posts

·
Registered
5,856 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I did search for this and found lots of threads but it seems to me I saw someone that knew where to get a complete replacement switch for like the Honda line lightbar. If anyone knows where I could find this I would be grateful.

·
Registered
5,856 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Yeah, I saw that one, but if I could get one like comes with the Honda line Lightbar it mounts on the handle bars.

·
Registered
819 Posts
cool runnins said:
Yeah, I saw that one, but if I could get one like comes with the Honda line Lightbar it mounts on the handle bars.
I just drilled my speedo housing and relocated the switch opposite the trip button. Much cleaner, imho. If you want my old mounting bracket, just let me know.

Mike

ps....now that i posted this, i am not 100% that i saved it...but i think i did.

·
Registered
1,888 Posts
Cool that's the same switch that comes with the Honda lightbar, just get the bracket from MikeWerk and you be all set. I believe the only other place you can get the switch/bracket combo is from the stealer.

·
Registered
5,856 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
Balrog said:
cool runnins said:
I did search for this and found lots of threads but it seems to me I saw someone that knew where to get a complete replacement switch for like the Honda line lightbar. If anyone knows where I could find this I would be grateful.
Hey buddy,
Are you talking about this thread?

http://www.vtxoa.com/forums/viewtopic.p ... =trailtech
Thanks Jeff, found that one already, I thought I saw one that had the mounting bracket and the switch, but I guess I was wrong, gee imagine that, I know you're shocked :shock:

·
Registered
5,856 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
MikeWerk said:
cool runnins said:
I just drilled my speedo housing and relocated the switch opposite the trip button. Much cleaner, imho. If you want my old mounting bracket, just let me know.

Mike

ps....now that i posted this, i am not 100% that i saved it...but i think i did.
Hey Mike, if you find that bracket let me know, and what you want for it.

Thanks,

Bruce

·
Registered
889 Posts

·
Registered
5,856 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
TRHOD said:
Bruce,

I bought this switch when I got my lightbar, but didn't use it for the lightbar.

http://shop.nationalcycle.com/perl/cycl ... l=hd%2d100

This is the National cycle link I got the above picture from.
http://shop.nationalcycle.com/perl/cycl ... del=hd-100

I used it for the indirect lighting I did. Pretty nice looking switch, chrome.

I'm sure you could use it with any light bar.

Hope this helps, bro.
Thanks Ted, I think I have a work around on this but if it doesn't work out this will be the one I'll grab. Nice to see you post

·
Registered
243 Posts
Call me an electrical idiot, but will this switch also work for the Kuryakyn Light bar?

·
Registered
5,856 Posts
Discussion Starter #15
vmi87 said:
Call me an electrical idiot, but will this switch also work for the Kuryakyn Light bar?
As long as the wire gauge will handle it (which thats what these were made for) then you're ok. At least thats my take, I'm no pro ether though.

·
Registered
15,774 Posts
vmi87 said:
Thats what I used mine for (before I hummed the bar against a wall)
Trick is to wire it properly with a relay so the load is not flowing through the switch.

1 - 16 of 16 Posts