Honda VTX Forum banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
70 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
It sounded interesting to change the front light to a sylvania blue light. Who has done it? does it show up better during day? Any advantages over it? I think that would look nice during the day. I seldom drive in the dark, so that doesn't matter to me, just curious about the looks during day driving as people see ya coming. Visability is my main thing. What number bulb is it, and where did you get it?

·
Registered
225 Posts
I have never tried that bulb however I just purchased today the Sylvania Silver Star. I will probably put it in tonight and try it out. The package says it is supposed to be brighter than the Blue Cool bulb. Hopefully the Silver Star is bright (as expensive as it is!).

Ptackley

·
Registered
1,726 Posts
i have a bulb i got from a dealer that looks like a rainbow in the headlight housing. red, blue, yellow and shoots a really blue beam.

·
Registered
2,601 Posts
Ptackley said:
I have never tried that bulb however I just purchased today the Sylvania Silver Star. I will probably put it in tonight and try it out. The package says it is supposed to be brighter than the Blue Cool bulb. Hopefully the Silver Star is bright (as expensive as it is!).

Ptackley
I'll be surprised if you don't like it. Mine is going on a year now.
Mike

·
Registered
814 Posts
I put the Silver star on my bike and I don't know if the bulb is actually brighter (wattage is the same) but the beam is more focused and puts more light on the road in front of you. Much better than stock IMO.

·
Registered
951 Posts
I also have the Sylvania SilverStar the bulb is much whiter than stock I don't know if it is brighter than stock. The different color gets your attention.

·
Registered
2,633 Posts
Silverstar in mine as well and it's much brighter looking straight at it. As for light on the road I've found nothing that puts more light on the road due to the refracted reflector in the headlight. My lightbar does all the work at night.

·
Registered
488 Posts
Have a silverstar in mine since I got it...would highly recommend them. I put them in all of my vehicles....I get flashed from oncoming traffic on the bike and in my car because people think I've got my hi-beams on...

Definitely throws out more light than stock IMHO...

However, if you REALLY want to throw out some light, and don't mind losing your hi-beam, do a search above (not the google search) for Project HID....they put a zenon bulb kit up against a silverstar. That's about the only thing that completely annihlates the SS as far as brightness.

1 - 10 of 10 Posts