Honda VTX Forum banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
14 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I have been looking for a tach. and thought I wanted the one made by Cobra until I read a few neg. feedbacks about the finish turning to crap in a short period of time. Does anyone have anything positive to say about it or name a few other options. Thanks.

·
Registered
639 Posts
Cycle Craft had (IMHO) one of the best looking tach brackets out there. You could get it with Drag Specialties or AutoMeter gauges. They are out of business but RIVCO makes a good chrome unit and I believe you can spec either Drag or AutoMeter tachs. The AutoMeter tach works better than the Drag. There was too much bounce in the Drag tach verses the AutoMeter. Then again, the AutoMeter costs a bit more.

G

·
4wlow said:
I have been looking for a tach. and thought I wanted the one made by Cobra until I read a few neg. feedbacks about the finish turning to crap in a short period of time. Does anyone have anything positive to say about it or name a few other options. Thanks.
I have the Cobra and so far I LOVe it. Been on about a yr now no issues.

·
Registered
2,065 Posts
derb110 said:
http://www.dakotadigital.com/
Dakota Digital - digital instrumentation and accessories automotive and motorcycle enthusiasts.
Excellent choice: see below

·
Registered
958 Posts
Which Dakota Digital?

·
Registered
939 Posts
hylander said:
Works Perfect;
And looks the cleanest IMO

My piece of junk tack like this has begun to bouce really irraticaly (sp) lately. It has always had a little digital bounce but lately it will bouce over 3000 RPM's at all speeds. What gives?

·
Registered
639 Posts
whiteduramax said:
hylander said:
Works Perfect;
And looks the cleanest IMO

My piece of junk tack like this has begun to bouce really irraticaly (sp) lately. It has always had a little digital bounce but lately it will bouce over 3000 RPM's at all speeds. What gives?
Check your ground connections. If they are ok then check the electrical connection that were made when the tack was installed. Even though I have done the ground fix it doesn't hurt to check it every once in awhile. I have had to tighten afew of the grounds over time.

1 - 11 of 11 Posts