Honda VTX Forum banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
1,165 Posts
I'd be game. Wanted to do it this fall but failed.
Would y'all hate me if I showed up on a Harley? :D

Seriously. I live too far away to just ride up there. I'd jump in the plane, fly up in a few hours and then rent a Harley in the local town. (they don't have Honda cruisers, sorry)

·
Registered
7,033 Posts
I'd be game. Wanted to do it this fall but failed.
Would y'all hate me if I showed up on a Harley? :D

Seriously. I live too far away to just ride up there. I'd jump in the plane, fly up in a few hours and then rent a Harley in the local town. (they don't have Honda cruisers, sorry)
A friend from Cali flew into Nashville and rented a Indian for a ride through Tenn. and then to WVa 2 summers ago. If staying in the Dragon area for other riding for a day or 2, I'd recommend the Two Wheel Inn in nearby Robbinsville as a place to stay. Each room has an attached drive-in security bike storage cubby hole. The rooms aren't bad either. Be aware vehicle traffic, 2 and 4 wheel kind, picks up as riding season comes in.

·
Registered
2,558 Posts
If I could work it into my schedule, I'd be interested in going back. Got to ride it for the first time this year, but would like to do it again, especially if it involved a few extra days of riding some of the other roads as well. In addition to the Two Wheel Inn, mentioned above, I can also recommend the Tally Ho, but they don't have garages for the bikes. However, you ARE withing walking distance of the bike rental place, so that makes it nice as well.

Reactions: rangers4u

·
Registered
377 Posts
We may be interested. My wife and I were on The Dragon several years ago. LOTS of great roads in that area, perhaps some better than The Dragon. A word of caution though, Spring is the rainy season and that area gets a lot of rain to begin with. Maybe push the ride back a month? Just a thought.

·
Registered
533 Posts
Usually make a long weekend trip to that area every year about that time. I would be interested in meeting up there and doing some riding if I can work it out when others will be there

·
Registered
2,558 Posts
Checked my schedule. As the time gets closer and we start making plans - FOR ME, it would be better in May than in April,, but I'll try to work my schedule around whatever date works best for the group.

·
Registered
25 Posts
I would also highly recommend Riding The Devils Triangle and a tour of the newly opened Brushy Mountain State Pen. It's a great tour and very interesting.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts