Honda VTX Forum banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
115 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I notice that some of the pictures of your bikes have no tank emblems or fork reflectors. I'd kind of like to take these off, but don't want to wreck the paint etc. Do these items just peel off or is there some trick I should know about?

·
Registered
799 Posts
Emblems

I used WD 40 and fishing line to "slice" mine off. The fork reflectors should just peel off. If you do a search on removing emblems, there are lots of other methods out there.

·
Registered
3,531 Posts
The stickers come off fender and tank pretty easy .Just use the slow peel method. I used a plastic bondo spreader and hair dryer to get my tank emblems off, and that was a bit more work. Hair dryer Really helps to warm up the glue and then use sticker remover to clean up the residue. Only thing I'd have done different was waited until a hotter day to do it. I got them off in about an hour each side, mostly because it was only about 50 degrees out so it took longer for the hair dryer to get the glue/tank good and warm. Mainly take your time and it should come out all good for you. 8)

·
Registered
592 Posts
hair dryer on all the stickers works great. A lot of people go with the wd-40 route as well, I just didn't like putting all that stuff on my paint. Tried goof off on an old bike, and it was a lot more work then the few minutes with the hair dryer. The safety stickers on the tank are the worst, but be patient and they will come off nicely.

·
Registered
3,543 Posts
Hair dryer or sunshine and waxed dental floss, in a sawing motion. Then clean the residue and apply a coat of wax.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts