Honda VTX Forum banner
1 - 19 of 19 Posts

·
Registered
1,395 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I'm getting a lot of scratches in the clear coat from the seat and on the sides of the tank about 6 inches from the seat from my jeans rubbing the tank.:mad: The scratches are buffing out but eventually I will rub through the clear coat. I looking into getting a bib to help prevent this. I seen a particular bib that I like which only covers the bottom portion of the tank by the seat. It was on a Harley and it was a Harley product because it was embossed with their label as all their products are. I tried searching the net for one but had no luck. My question is, does anyone make such a bib that fits the bottom portion of the 1300 VTX tanks?:dontknow:
On Edit. I found this picture of what I'm taking about, it is referred to as a bra.
http://www.surdyke.com/images/products/hdimg/61930-98.jpg

·
Registered
176 Posts
I know peaceful cruzing or however you spell it does their on the home page. Happy new year :thumbup:

·
Old Goat
26,217 Posts
I had one of robt's large bib but I really didnt like it so I asked him to make me this one, it may not be to your liking but you get the idea. good luck
http://www.peacefulcruisin.com/

clik pik

·
Registered
1,395 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
I checked out peacefulcruisin and I like their bibs but I was looking for something that covers a little more of the side of tank where I am experiencing the rub marks. It doesn't look like their bibs will help me there. I added a link to my first post to show what I'm looking for. thanks

·
Old Goat
26,217 Posts
I checked out peacefulcruisin and I like their bibs but I was looking for something that covers a little more of the side of tank where I am experiencing the rub marks. It doesn't look like their bibs will help me there. I added a link to my first post to show what I'm looking for. thanks
If you dont find a ready made one, you can all ways check with robt, heck of a fella and I would be surprised if he could not make you what you want. good luck

·
Registered
1,395 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
If you dont find a ready made one, you can all ways check with robt, heck of a fella and I would be surprised if he could not make you what you want. good luck
I was thinking along those lines to, see if he could custom make one. He may even want to add it to his lineup, I'm sure I'm not the only one with these scratches. thanks, I will shoot him an email.

·
Registered
15 Posts
wow i dont feel so bad! mines about 5 months old, and i'm getting scratches! i really like autotechs. i'delike to get a bib like he has.

·
Registered
1,598 Posts
I'm goinh to be getting a Peacful bib as well...noticed some rub marks from my jeans on the tank and that is only after like 2 or 3 months :-?

Going with the Air Force Logo one :thumbup:

Goose

·
Registered
435 Posts
Just my 2cents,
I've got a bib on my bike, it was there when I bought the bike, first time I took it off to clean the tank, YeUp, scuffing all up and down the tank where the edges of it rub. so my 2c is,, you gona get em, question is want them from your jeans or from the bib?

·
Registered
175 Posts
If you had to take the bib off to see the scratches then I say bib, the ones from the jeans show all the tme.

·
Registered
3,296 Posts
Just my 2cents,
I've got a bib on my bike, it was there when I bought the bike, first time I took it off to clean the tank, YeUp, scuffing all up and down the tank where the edges of it rub. so my 2c is,, you gona get em, question is want them from your jeans or from the bib?
I have had the californian tank bib by PC for about 4 1/2 years. I took it off about 5 months ago to do some dye work on it. And I was happy to find that the tank still looked like new under the bib.

·
Registered
97 Posts
Had a bit of the same problem, went to the local graphics place and got some black decal vinyl. Got a pre-glued piece 12" X 12" for 3 dollars, then cut to suit myself, it's very effective, virtually un-noticeable, and un-intrusive.

Works well while I'm still deciding on which bib. Forgive me, but I really like the rubber thing Yamaha has on the tank on some of they're bikes.

1 - 19 of 19 Posts