Honda VTX Forum banner
1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
6,332 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
With some hot days here recently some side roads are bubbling with tar.
Has any body change there course of plans when they turn on one of the side roads that have new gravel and tar bubbles protruding through.
I just turned on a road and a few feet it was picking up rocks along with the tar.
I went 4 extra miles to get around the road I was going to take :( :oops:

What is the longest somebody went to avoid the road they were going to take to get to their spot.

·
Super Moderator
64,333 Posts
On my trip last week, I went from Casper Wyoming to Medicine Bow on rt487. About 5 miles into that road they were chip sealing for the next 15 miles. I road through it but it's not like there was another road to trake :lol:

·
Registered
6,332 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
You are right out there. There are not alot of shortcuts. You just have to grin and bear :(

·
Registered
9,766 Posts
Chipseal, gravel, etc. don't bother me at all, but the ones where there is tar/oil all over I try to avoid. Not only is it slippery, it's a pain to clean up afterwards. Of course sometimes you have no choice.

·
Super Moderator
64,333 Posts
black hills said:
but the ones where there is tar/oil all over I try to avoid. Not only is it slippery, it's a pain to clean up afterwards. Of course sometimes you have no choice.
That was how I found Iron Mountain Road(right name??) Fresh oil with nothing on it. I turned around and said no thanks and went on to Needles 8)

·
Registered
9,766 Posts
Chicago-Spike said:
[quote="black hills":1q6n8wgw] but the ones where there is tar/oil all over I try to avoid. Not only is it slippery, it's a pain to clean up afterwards. Of course sometimes you have no choice.
That was how I found Iron Mountain Road(right name??) Fresh oil with nothing on it. I turned around and said no thanks and went on to Needles 8)[/quote:1q6n8wgw]

That was a bummer Spike, it is a great road. But I wouldn't ride it like that either.

·
Registered
1,715 Posts
About 5 miles into that road they were chip sealing for the next 15 miles.
Chip seal Rules!!!.......If you are the lead bike. Spike was worried about keeping his new bike looking pretty. :lol:

·
Registered
30 Posts
no tar

No crappy roads for this X i turn around or ride threw the grass lol

1 - 10 of 10 Posts