Honda VTX Forum banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
9,553 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Really bad out there today and probably tomorrow also. Almost dumped the bike pulling away from my road onto Hy11. WHEW

Just wondering if different brand of tires handle the snakes better or not. I have always had Dunlops......WWW.

·
Registered
6,637 Posts
Smoken'JOE said:
Really bad out there today and probably tomorrow also. Almost dumped the bike pulling away from my road onto Hy11. WHEW

Just wondering if different brand of tires handle the snakes better or not. I have always had Dunlops......WWW.

Bro my Avons do the same thing, I have almost lost it 2-3 times this year from that, and been trying to watch it better now.

·
Registered
6,637 Posts
Smoken'JOE said:
[quote="mark_1bx":2h9hscsi]Go CT.......
Just may do that the next tire change.[/quote:2h9hscsi]

I am going to do that, and I think maybe some of them little metal tank things, that spray stuff to make the bike really fast, LMAO.

·
Registered
1,651 Posts
mark_1bx said:
Go CT.......
I have a CT, and after splitting off of the group and heading home on Sat., a couple of turns from home I hit a bad one- pucker factor 9.

They just suck- no matter what tires you use. - it's just that there are different rubber compounds that crews use depending on road, temp rating, type of road, etc. That's how you can ride all day and have no problem, and all of a sudden hit one and it feels like you're going surfing.

on another note- you see any road explosions this weekend? I saw 3 on moreland road in New Berlin, and 1 on North Av by Mayfair.

Now THAT would suck if you hit one- one of them was 1.5 feet TALL.

·
Registered
6,637 Posts
Riley said:
on another note- you see any road explosions this weekend? I saw 3 on moreland road in New Berlin, and 1 on North Av by Mayfair.

I hit one last year, it sucked, and im lucky I didnt screew anything up.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts