Honda VTX Forum banner

1 - 15 of 15 Posts

·
Registered
902 Posts
The secret isn't in power, it is in traction and torque delivery.
I dare them to bring their new toy to my house, we can hook bumpers with my 4x4 F350. I don't have as much torque but I'll gladly drag his ass all the way uphill. :D

·
Registered
2,874 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
the secret isn't in power, it is in traction and torque delivery.
I dare them to bring their new toy to my house, we can hook bumpers with my 4x4 f350. I don't have as much torque but i'll gladly drag his ass all the way uphill. :d

lmao!

·
Registered
2,874 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
I imagine all the batteries are very heavy. Heard a Tesla caught fire after a wreck. It kept reigniting for 3 days!!!

·
Registered
8,858 Posts

·
Registered
458 Posts
I could see Electric Vehicles catching on big-time eventually, already i am impressed with what i have seen which got my attention, and this has all happened in the past 6 months regarding my opinion.

When you add-in the younger generation who are much more conscious of the "dirty", Sooty, dinosaur technology of combustion engines.

Motors are electric and Engines are fuel burners in my mind, it would have been more logical imo that yesterday's and todays mainstream motorcycles were called "Enginecycles" and electric bikes are the true "Motorcycles".

It's Videos like this one below that can change people's perception i think. Btw, either you like the
narrator of the video or you don't, but he does convey a good sense of what the bike can do.

2020 Zero Motorcycle SR/F Premium MC Commute Review

·
Registered
8,858 Posts
gasoline is 6.3 pounds per gallon.
my car holds 20 gallons... = 126 pounds.
20 mpg times 20 gallons = 400 miles

a 1,200 pound battery might get you 200 miles.
then there is the cost of replacement batteries in 5 to 7 years.
https://enrg.io/tesla-battery-replacement-cost-how-much/

back to motorcycles.. I would have to change my riding style..
I average 140 to 250 miles on a single day ride..
I average 6,000 to 8,000 miles per year.

unless they can find a way to recharge the battery in the time I have lunch...

·
Registered
7,353 Posts
gasoline is 6.3 pounds per gallon.
my car holds 20 gallons... = 126 pounds.
20 mpg times 20 gallons = 400 miles

a 1,200 pound battery might get you 200 miles.
then there is the cost of replacement batteries in 5 to 7 years.
https://enrg.io/tesla-battery-replacement-cost-how-much/

back to motorcycles.. I would have to change my riding style..
I average 140 to 250 miles on a single day ride..
I average 6,000 to 8,000 miles per year.

unless they can find a way to recharge the battery in the time I have lunch...

Just get a trailer to tow the generator with.:wink2:

·
Registered
902 Posts
Just get a trailer to tow the generator with.:wink2:
Surely you jest, dear sir! :grin2:

But for realz, I've heard some dumbasses suggest that as real means of renewable energy. "If you run the batteries down, just fire up a generator to recharge them". It shows you how smart these "progressives" truly are.

I used to have a bicycle with an electrical assist motor. Those green progressives loved it, they enjoyed talking to me about it.
I'd explain to them how I ride it to work every morning then back home in the afternoon on one charge. They asked how I recharge it. I told them that I have two solar panels I plug into the batter pack to let them charge overnight. You have no idea how many of these green morons nod. Not a single one questioned me on that! :surprise:
(gotta love dumb people)

·
Registered
4,092 Posts
Early NASCAR when drivers were real men with only 4 horsepower. Not the sissies they are today driving their gas-powered governed couches around a circle. Just for the fun of it, NASCAR should run every other race clockwise. Technology marches forward, keep up or get out of the way. Sometime in the near future, folks will be laughing at the internal combustion engine.

1 - 15 of 15 Posts