Honda VTX Forum banner
1 - 17 of 17 Posts

·
Registered
Joined
·
542 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I just wanted to publicly send a Great Big Thank You to the "Colorado VTX Range Riders", and in particular Carol and Cliff, for once again hosting the riding event of my year.

I know that many hours of preparation went into the staging of the event.

I had a terrific time and I look forward to the next opportunity to attend.

Thank You "Colorado VTX Range Riders"
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
2,174 Posts
James O'Sullivan wrote:
I just wanted to publicly send a Great Big Thank You to the "Colorado VTX Range Riders", and in particular Carol and Cliff, for once again hosting the riding event of my year.
Well said. Again, the event was an A+. I'll be back.
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
853 Posts
Yes, a hearty thanks to all of you for putting the ride together and for helping riders in need.

I was one of them. I really apprecaite all the things everyone did for me when I was not able to even think about them. Thanks for getting my bike back to the hotel.

Cliff & Carol, thanks for everything, including the help with Sun Honda.

Sun Honda,

Thanks for squeezing us in and for taking my bike back now that its a mess.
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
1,560 Posts
Mike,

Good to see you post. I've been wondering if you or Eric were involved in one of the mishaps. Sure do hope you are okay. I know this sounds really patronizing with me in FL and you in IL but if I can do anything to help out please let me know.

Tina
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
853 Posts
Bike in front of me went down. I was entranced by it and went down myself. Lucky for me I slowed down.

Everyone is alive and kicking. My bike will most likely be a total loss. I'm just glad everyone is fine besides some bruises, scrapes, stiches and soreness.
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
2,274 Posts
Just got home, Had a great time and made some new friends. Looking forward to next year.
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
320 Posts
Ditto............Ditto............Ditto............ :D Ditto............ :lol: Ditto............
The grand-daughter and I really enjoyed everything including seeing old friends and meeting new ones.
Cliff and Carol did a bang up job (no pun intended)
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
1,063 Posts
It was the best of times and the worst of times.

It was another great few days of riding the rockies and visiting with friends. The weather was dry and hot for the most part. But unfortunately there were a few incidents this year. Only one of which required an overnight stay for observation. On Monday, four bikes went down. And before anyone bashes large group rides, one incident occured in a group of 4 in Golden Gate Canyon and the second in a group of 6 or 7 riders in Bear Creek Canyon just above Morrison. One broken arm, one good bump on the head and the rest was road rash and some stitches. On Tuesday a car pulled out in front of a bike in the La Quinta parking lot. The rider laid the bike down resulting in 4 broken ribs and a broken collar bone. Another rider dropped his bike in some deep gravel. A flying rock kicked up by a large truck broke a couple of toes of another rider. There was a Gold Wing blown over by the wind at the Alpine Visitors Center on Trail Ridge Road and a drop on the incline at Red Rocks. We are truly thankful the injuries to these riders were not more severe and hope they heal quickly.

We missed those of you that were not able to make it this year and hope to see you next year.
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
1,683 Posts
RU469 said:
I was one of them. I really apprecaite all the things everyone did for me when I was not able to even think about them. Thanks for getting my bike back to the hotel.

Cliff & Carol, thanks for everything, including the help with Sun Honda.

Sun Honda,
Thanks for squeezing us in and for taking my bike back now that its a mess.
You are more than welcome! Glad we could help.

Your bike was picked up today with the lobby bike and dropped in the new Sun Honda Collision Center. I looked her over and I am sorry to say, the ole girl has seen better days, but if anybody can repair the ole girl, Sun can. Their new state of the art Collision Center and paint booth is set up for just such an occasion.

I have your seat and back rest pads. If you need the rack or any other accessories removed let me know and I'll run over there and get them off for you.

If it can't be repaired, call Mark Kite at "Sun Honda" 303.287.7566 Let him know you're a good friend of CO and he'll help you find another ride at an excellent price. He is also your contact for the collision repair.

Carol and I are thinking of heading your way Aug 12th for the Highlander Custom open house. Who knows, maybe we can even deliver it to you.
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
3,616 Posts
Cliff said:
Carol and I are thinking of heading your way Aug 12th for the Highlander Custom open house. Who knows, maybe we can even deliver it to you.
You outta do more than think about it! LOL! Hope to see you two soon and return some of that fine hospitality you have shown us over the last 4 years Lace and I have been heading to Denver!

A huge thank you for all that you fine folks in Colorado do for us each year!

I doubt Mike's bike will be fixable, the frame appears to be bent and most insurance companies will simply write it off at that point :?
 

·
Super Moderator
Joined
·
64,336 Posts
Thanks again Cliff&Carol and the other Colorado riders that keep this ride going. As always, had a great time again and will be back next year. 8)
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
6,117 Posts
A special thanks to Sharkbait for making me feel like part of his family, Words alone can never really say enough.
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
74 Posts
We thank you all for coming to Colorado :D . And for those that couldn't make it this year :cry: , see you next year. We are all taking some time off before planning next year's gathering. :a13:
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
473 Posts
By far the BEST VTX Ride going. I loved every moment spent with the Colorado Xer's. They sure know what a good ride is about. Lots of fun, a bunch of good people and some of the most beautiful places on earth, what more could anyone wish for? I went expecting a good time and was delivered a great time. Thanks to everyone envolved, and a BIG THANKS to Cliff and Carol.
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
1,683 Posts
Rocken said:
By far the BEST VTX Ride going. I loved every moment spent with the Colorado Xer's. They sure know what a good ride is about. Lots of fun, a bunch of good people and some of the most beautiful places on earth, what more could anyone wish for? I went expecting a good time and was delivered a great time. Thanks to everyone envolved, and a BIG THANKS to Cliff and Carol.
Rocken, it was a pleasure to talk with you my friend and put a name to a face.

Hope you're able to join us again.
 
1 - 17 of 17 Posts
Top