Honda VTX Forum banner
1 - 20 of 25 Posts

·
Registered
1,964 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
What a great weekend!! Thank you for your hospitality. To your daughter as well for dealing with all of us bikers at the Pizza Station.

·
Registered
605 Posts
Yep,,, thanks to everyone who helped put the weekend together. Had a great time. Good talking with everyone.

·
Registered
1,733 Posts
What a great ending to our looooonnngg summer ride.

And, I have to add: what a remarkably cool group of folks. We had a fantastic time, again.

J & C

·
Registered
348 Posts
I must say Thank You from Jeff and Julie. I'm proud to be a Washintonian and to have met so many great VTX'ers.
We had a ball even though I paid for it on Saturday!
We ended up going to Toppenish and up and over Sadis pass then along HWY 14 through the Gorge to get home. I think we covered 330 mile this way but it was worth it. It was all about the ride. LOL
JM

·
Registered
2,679 Posts
Breakfast at Vantange. Jeff ( I think BMW) and I returned Via Blewet (hwy97) allways a great ride we had it all to ourselves most of the way. Highway 2 not bad. I stopped at Zekes for my Chesseburger and Slaw. Then finished on Ben Howard and High Bridge road.

I think by my count there were around 18 tents on the campsite. I believer there were around 29 bikes on the Saturday Ride.

Great time.

Thanks
Randy The X Man
www.nwbikers.com

·
Registered
3,402 Posts
Thanks Lee & Vicki! & thanks Randy for collecting the $$$ & making the reservations and such.

It was nice to meet new folks & put names & faces to the avitars. 8)

Rode home with dockboss, RRRoberts, skibum & RUVTX'N. Great ride & didn't get rained on! :lol:

Hope everyone made it home safe & sound. :wink: Looking forward to next year & I told my wife that she will need to come along too. 8)

Dave~

·
Registered
1,964 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
BIG THANKS TO RANDY for taking care of the camping reservations and money. Hope you got some good video.

·
Registered
2,061 Posts
What a great get together and a huge thanks to Lee & Vicki for everything you and your daughter did for us all. Looking forward to the next one and it sure was nice meeting everybody. THANKS

·
Seasoned Member
101 Posts
Hey Lookie Here ...I finally got in so I can post up...WOW What A Weekend. For me it was just short of 600 miles round trip NICE Little weekend Trip. BIG THANKS To VICKI & LEE, RANDY... The VTX BBQ RALLY Was outstanding. Frank it was good to see you again J & C....you to and all the others I'm sure we will see Again & Again ...Its a fine Group we have now.
P.S.
Vicki.... Watch out the them Apple Pies....
Thanks Again All ROD-O

·
Registered
589 Posts
Sorry I missed you guys...stopped by on Saturday but missed you by half hour or so. Got to meet knarF so it was well worth the trip from Yakima.

Glad to read the postings that everyone made it home safely.

·
Registered
333 Posts
i know someone already mentioned it, but thanks also to randy for collecting $ and getting the reservations.
sounds like everyone got home safe and sound! Hey Tony dont forget to get me the directions for brewing up your apple pie concoction, vicky is still in denial that there was alcohol in it.
we definatley need to make it a friday night tradition to pass the thermos around.
lee

·
Registered
1,964 Posts
Discussion Starter · #13 ·
pizzacowboy said:
i know someone already mentioned it, but thanks also to randy for collecting $ and getting the reservations.
sounds like everyone got home safe and sound! Hey Tony dont forget to get me the directions for brewing up your apple pie concoction, vicky is still in denial that there was alcohol in it.
we definatley need to make it a friday night tradition to pass the thermos around.
lee
This is the recipe I used. I just cut it in half and used a pint instead of a fifth.

INGREDIENTS
1 gallon apple juice
1 gallon apple cider
3 cups white sugar
8 cinnamon sticks
1 (750 milliliter) bottle 190 proof grain alcohol

DIRECTIONS
In a large pot, combine apple juice, apple cider, sugar and cinnamon sticks. Bring to a boil, then remove from heat and let cool completely.
When juice mixture is cool, Stir in the grain alcohol.

·
Registered
1,964 Posts
Discussion Starter · #14 ·
ROD-O said:
Hey Lookie Here ...I finally got in so I can post up...WOW What A Weekend. For me it was just short of 600 miles round trip NICE Little weekend Trip. BIG THANKS To VICKI & LEE, RANDY... The VTX BBQ RALLY Was outstanding. Frank it was good to see you again J & C....you to and all the others I'm sure we will see Again & Again ...Its a fine Group we have now.
P.S.
Vicki.... Watch out the them Apple Pies....
Thanks Again All ROD-O
Welcome aboard ROD-O

·
Registered
16,088 Posts
+1 for everything from Vicki, Lee, daughter (I can't remember names anymore :oops: ) and Randy-even though I didn't spend the night. My little Saturday riding group had a good time. It was good to see all my friends in one place 8)

Jon

·
Registered
699 Posts
Sorry I didn't make it back out Saturday evening. Wife wanted to go out of town, and since she's been working lots of overtime, I figured I'd better humor her. Was good to see the folks that were there Friday.

WJ

·
Registered
1,639 Posts
It was good to see everyone again. Lee, Vicky, and Randy, thanks so much for organizing and leading the way. You really outdid yourselves! Looking forward to next year already. I hope to have the wife and a couple friends in tow next time!

Brian

·
Registered
619 Posts
Hey guys,

man I was a little bummed to have missed the Mardon thing.
Not to mention it was the Arlington Fly-In (all you pilots know what i'm talking about).

Although I did have a blast with some friends and co-workers camping, there were about 12 of us, crabbing, hiking, and pleny of BBQ and S'mores.

I'm DEFINATELY going on the next trip with you guys.
Sounds like i missed a great time.

--Nate

·
Registered
3 Posts
I wasn't able to get Friday off, so I had to settle for Saturday, and stay the one night, but I still had a great time. I believe that the only way that you can have this much fun, is by having great people attending and participating.

Randy, thanks for collecting and organizing this whole shindig. Also for chasing me across Blewett pass and through Leavenworth. We really made great time, and the scenery was fantastic.

Lee and Vicki, thanks again for hosting this headache club. The headaches that it must have caused in putting together the menu, cooking it, and waking up to the sound of all the motorcycles riding off (while suffering from a force 4 hangover).

Next year, I'm going to jump on the date as soon as I hear that it is on. I'm not going to miss the whole event next time.

Hey Blaze, just to let you know (read that as rub it in), the whole trip took me less than one tank of fuel. I got over 48 miles per gallon. I didn't have to fill my tank again until today. I'm getting to like this Beemer.

Jim

·
Registered
2,679 Posts
>>>>>>>>>>Jim said<<<<<<<<<<<<
Next year, I'm going to jump on the date as soon as I hear that it is on. I'm not going to miss the whole event next time.
<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<

I am pretty sure the date will be July 17-19. I think we have settled on the 3rd weekend of July. That should be the same weekend as the Lava Love run which is just up the road. It makes a nice side show to our little deal. Some how I got it a week early this year.

Thanks
Randy The X Man
www.nwbikers.com

1 - 20 of 25 Posts