Honda VTX Forum banner

1 - 20 of 32 Posts

·
Registered
Joined
·
537 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Well, Uncle Sam is being VERY VERY good to me (us) this year. (Guess I need to change my deductions!) So, all that stuff I have been thinking about........ :)

Need some help.

1) Exhaust: Really like the sound of the VH Bigshots, but wish they were a bit shorter. Like that I can put in quiet baffles if too obnoxious. But I like the looks of the Bub Jug Huggers. I know little about them. Baffles? Loudness (not looking to set off car alarms)? Blueing or are those sheilds?

2) Seat: Dang if I can figure out what I want. I like the lines of the C and think the Ultimate and Corbin Solo look a bit blocky. The Young Guns seems to fit, but I hear it is a bit "hard". I have short legs (30" inseam) but I like the position the stock seat puts me at so I don't want to be closer. Farther away may not be good either.

3) Intake: Think I have settled on the Thunder S&S Vertical. But if you have any thoughts (keep in mind: short legs...).

I'm sure there is more, but these are top on the list. Wish I could buy everything on my list, but my wife says I have to practice some restraint!! Booo :(
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
369 Posts
Well, if you want quiet pipes, you better go with some slipons.

The V&H, HKs and Bubs are Loud.

My Jug Huggers routinely set off car alarms when I roll the throttle. For me, that is satisfaction. :)

As for the seat, I have the Ultimate mid-rider (30" inseam). It is like a big ol' comfy recliner. It isn't for those that want the sleek look, as it is a big large, but if you want comfort, it or the Mustang are hard to beat.
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
78 Posts
.......I can't help but chuckle with the people that THANK Uncle Sam for a refund!..........yes...thanks for giving back some of MY money.
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
1,348 Posts
*thanks for giving back some of MY money*

... with ZERO interest, no yet. :roll:


When YOU owe THEM, see if you get by without interest. And probably a penalty, too.
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
4,958 Posts
StressPuppy said:
Well, Uncle Sam is being VERY VERY good to me (us) this year. (Guess I need to change my deductions!) So, all that stuff I have been thinking about........ :)

Need some help.

1) Exhaust: Really like the sound of the VH Bigshots, but wish they were a bit shorter. Like that I can put in quiet baffles if too obnoxious. But I like the looks of the Bub Jug Huggers. I know little about them. Baffles? Loudness (not looking to set off car alarms)? Blueing or are those sheilds?

2) Seat: Dang if I can figure out what I want. I like the lines of the C and think the Ultimate and Corbin Solo look a bit blocky. The Young Guns seems to fit, but I hear it is a bit "hard". I have short legs (30" inseam) but I like the position the stock seat puts me at so I don't want to be closer. Farther away may not be good either.

3) Intake: Think I have settled on the Thunder S&S Vertical. But if you have any thoughts (keep in mind: short legs...).

I'm sure there is more, but these are top on the list. Wish I could buy everything on my list, but my wife says I have to practice some constraint!! Booo :(
uncle sam was not nice to you, you just overpaid what you really owed him, but if you want to treat it like a savings account, thats up to you.
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
289 Posts
i like setting off car alarms. :twisted: :twisted:
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
154 Posts
I'm wondering what I should do with my $27 dollar refund minus the postage stamp and the $19.95 Turbo Tax program for a grand total of $6.68...hmmmm...maybe I'll get 2.8 gallons of gas.
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
1,348 Posts
I personally think you're pretty dang smart, J. Scott. $500 bucks either way & I'm happy.

Would you do my taxes next year???!!! :D
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
759 Posts
wasn't good to me. i claim zero throughout the year, made less than last year and didn't even work for 3 months and ended up i have to pay IRS over $1200 and state of RI over $450. even had to pay H+R Block $171 to tell me this. not a happy camper. :evil: :evil:
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
3,543 Posts
JamesC said:
Well, if you want quiet pipes, you better go with some slipons.

The V&H, HKs and Bubs are Loud.

My Jug Huggers routinely set off car alarms when I roll the throttle. For me, that is satisfaction. :)

As for the seat, I have the Ultimate mid-rider (30" inseam). It is like a big ol' comfy recliner. It isn't for those that want the sleek look, as it is a big large, but if you want comfort, it or the Mustang are hard to beat.
I have also been looking at the Ultimate, the lowrider for my retro, I'm right at 6", 185, however, thanks to my back surgery several years ago I was looking at it for the lower back support part of it. Would the lowrider help me in that area? Just wondering.
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
537 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
Gretsch said:
I can't help but chuckle with the people that THANK Uncle Sam for a refund!..........yes...thanks for giving back some of MY money.
pepsX said:
uncle sam was not nice to you, you just overpaid what
you really owed him, but if you want to treat it like a savings account, thats up to you.
Ok, before people keep giving me crap..... I KNOW it's my money. I hate that I didn't get interest on it. I will be changing my deductions so it doesn't happen next year.

But is sure beats the heck out of paying in April. I have a co-worker that owes $6,000. That sux!!!

Besides, now my wife can't say "but we don't have the money for the pipes...." :twisted:

So stop giving me crap and help me spend MY money. :D
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
4,958 Posts
if you need help spending your money i have two suggestions.
1) give it to the VTX riders fund, there is still time

2) send it to me, PM me and Ill send my address

:D :D
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
2,328 Posts
vtx1300wolf said:
wasn't good to me. i claim zero throughout the year, made less than last year and didn't even work for 3 months and ended up i have to pay IRS over $1200 and state of RI over $450. even had to pay H+R Block $171 to tell me this. not a happy camper. :evil: :evil:
Wolf dont feel to bad, I wish thats all I had to pay.... :cus:
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
5,558 Posts
StressPuppy said:
Gretsch said:
I can't help but chuckle with the people that THANK Uncle Sam for a refund!..........yes...thanks for giving back some of MY money.
pepsX said:
uncle sam was not nice to you, you just overpaid what
you really owed him, but if you want to treat it like a savings account, thats up to you.
Ok, before people keep giving me crap..... I KNOW it's my money. I hate that I didn't get interest on it. I will be changing my deductions so it doesn't happen next year.

But is sure beats the heck out of paying in April. I have a co-worker that owes $6,000. That sux!!!

Besides, now my wife can't say "but we don't have the money for the pipes...." :twisted:

So stop giving me crap and help me spend MY money. :D
You make a simple little statement and some peeps jump on you like a fat kid on a cupcake. I know, I know I'm guilty of it also, but damn it sure is fun :lol:
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
537 Posts
Discussion Starter #15
Bigdog 1 said:
You make a simple little statement and some peeps jump on you like a fat kid on a cupcake. I know, I know I'm guilty of it also, but damn it sure is fun :lol:
Yeah, but I'm pretty thick skinned and can give as good as I get. Get a good chuckle out of most things. Besides, there are MUCH worse problems to have than Uncle Sam keeping too much of my money.

pepsx said:
give it to the VTX riders fund, there is still time
Thanks for the reminder. I think I will.

pepsx said:
send it to me, PM me and Ill send my address
I may be dumb, but I'm not stupid!! I'm sure I can find SOMETHING to do with it! :lol:
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
1,001 Posts
Wonder if I should post this????


On a good note...!!! I received quit a bit back from my taxes.. Used it and my bonus from work to buy my first bike ever.. 04 1300C.

Wife even said I could do it before I went. Then when I got home she helped me pick out pipes and bought those for me :D


Just lucky I guess,
Bode
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
537 Posts
Discussion Starter #17
I make jokes/comments about my wife, but she is actually great. Went with me to pick out the bike (I couldn't decide between the VTX and the Shadow Sabre... and then the different VTX models). She does think I am silly for upgrading a brand new bike. But she really doesn't give me a hard time.

Have to give her props. 17 years in September. I think I will keep her. :)
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
78 Posts
Yeah, but I'm pretty thick skinned and can give as good as I get. Get a good chuckle out of most things.

Looks like you took it like I meant it..............all in good fun. I am sure that, had I been fortunate enough to have received a refund, I would want to spend it on the bike as well...............I think i would definitely have to go with the Ultimate seat..................but that's just me.
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
443 Posts
I would rather pay a little extra in than get hit with a huge bill in April...
Personally I really like getting a little back to help pay off Xmas or buy pipes like I am doing this year :pepper1: ...BECAUSE... if I had it.... I would have spent it.....Like 99% of the population......
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
5,856 Posts
JamesC said:
Well, if you want quiet pipes, you better go with some slipons.

The V&H, HKs and Bubs are Loud.

My Jug Huggers routinely set off car alarms when I roll the throttle. For me, that is satisfaction. :)

As for the seat, I have the Ultimate mid-rider (30" inseam). It is like a big ol' comfy recliner. It isn't for those that want the sleek look, as it is a big large, but if you want comfort, it or the Mustang are hard to beat.
Well I have Roadie slipons and set off car alarms all the time too even without rolling the throttle so I'd have to say that one don't fly, but I do like the looks of the other full systems mentioned.
 
1 - 20 of 32 Posts
Top