Honda VTX Forum banner
1 - 20 of 25 Posts

·
Registered
167 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
The last time I rode a bike, the interent had not been invented yet. Being new to riding (again) and a new owner of a used 2005 1300R, I was in some serious need of information. No owner's manual and unable to find one on the net, I stumbled across this site.
I have spent most my time reading and probably will continue that for quite some time. But I had to say thanks already. I've found info on where to find a pdf. file for an owner's manual, some serious info on exhausts (which will be next) and with the ease of finding things here, much more to come.
I look forward to a long and happy stay here at VTXOA and thank all those whom have submitted information.
This is a great place to be...

·
Registered
238 Posts
Welcome to the VTXOA!! This site is excellent for questions and learning. Spike knows his $hI+ so listen to him....

·
Registered
704 Posts
Check in on the S. Florida board and come out on a ride with some of the friendliest people in the state

·
Registered
8,223 Posts
Diversity of opinion and new membership helps make all of this mo' betta'

WELCOME

This community is different ...

This is better ...

This is the best board

... and it just keeps on getting better every day ...

but ...

opinions vary ...

all blessings ...

crew

:crew:

·
Registered
6,313 Posts
Thank you for coming and enjoy yourself here:popcorn:

·
Registered
55 Posts
The last time I rode a bike, the interent had not been invented yet
I love to use that line! I bought a jacket from Chaparral this summer. I can hear the gal bagging away on the keyboard in the background. "Sir I cant find you in the database" That's because the last time I ordered from you the Internet wasn't invented yet :shock:

Welcome to the site and congrats on the scoot! :congrats:
Gary

·
Registered
824 Posts
Welcome to the board! It's a great place and I'm learning a bunch too. Lots of good advise and some very knowledgeable folks. :agree:

·
Registered
3,137 Posts
I love to use that line! I bought a jacket from Chaparral this summer. I can hear the gal bagging away on the keyboard in the background. "Sir I cant find you in the database" That's because the last time I ordered from you the Internet wasn't invented yet :shock:

Welcome to the site and congrats on the scoot! :congrats:
Gary
I have a better line I like to use. At 55 years of age, you're not expected to be asked for ID when purchasing beer, but certain supermarkets are required to proof you for beer. When asked for ID I reply with . . . "I have shoes that can buy beer!"

Sometimes I get a chuckle, but most times I get "The Blank Stare.":dontknow:

·
Old Goat
26,217 Posts
Awww Shucks twernt nuttin, :congrats: and welcome this place is
with all your VTX needs.

·
Registered
193 Posts
Welcome aboard. Get out your credit card and join the mod squad.:joke:
Uh, not that I am old enough to have watched it. bill

·
Registered
193 Posts
I hope you have learned to do the cut and paste thing into Word documents...:thumbup: Talk about a Tech manual !!
...and this site will get you spending serious $$$ even with the "cheap stuff", but boy is it fun!!

·
Registered
195 Posts
Welcome aboard. Glad you found this site. Lots of great info here. Remember, if you ask if you need it, if it is chrome the answer will be yes. Lots of shiny goodies are always recommended, the more the better. Er, well, until it comes to the topic of tank trim. Then you get a lot of debate.

·
Registered
956 Posts
Welcome to the board and :congrats: on the ride :thumbup:

1 - 20 of 25 Posts