Honda VTX Forum banner
1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Registered
7,258 Posts
Having owned a few of the older Gold Wings, I'd love to buy one just to customize, similar to these:

Water Sky Tire Wheel Fuel tank

Tire Wheel Fuel tank Automotive fuel system Automotive lighting

Tire Wheel Fuel tank Automotive fuel system Automotive lighting
Tire Wheel Fuel tank Motorcycle Automotive lighting

Fuel tank Tire Wheel Automotive fuel system Motorcycle

·
Registered
3,381 Posts
Dr. Dolittle said:" New life for old GWs." "I'd be happy with one" Man, you're not kidding. I have always liked the early road-bike versions of these bikes. Not sure how long Honda offered them like that? Seems like they went pretty quickly to 'dresser' models. Great Pictures HOP! That's the ticket!

·
Registered
7,258 Posts
Here's a picture of my 1st Wing:

Tire Wheel Land vehicle Vehicle Fuel tank

·
Registered
3,381 Posts
Looks like it must have been an '82 or '83? Around there? I bought my only Honda til the X at that time. A brand new CB750SC. It had very similar wheels as the bike in the pic you posted.

·
Registered
2008 1300T
1,245 Posts
Looks like it would be ball to run some country roads on. With its rake and trail, and those nice large tires, I bet it eats curves like nobodies biz! I'd love to try it.

In this video, his son rides it, and they talk more about the build, but his son was not impressed with the handling of the bike.

·
Registered
2,520 Posts
Discussion Starter · #14 ·
Has a built in alarm system.

Alarm system The sensitivity of the alarm system is independent of its positioning and orientation. On switching off the ignition, an activated alarm system is displayed by the indicators briefly flashing. The vehicle’s relative position and orientation will be recorded and stored and the alarm system engaged after 30s. The alarm is triggered when the orientation of the vehicle is changed on its X, Y or Z axis (e. g. when the vehicle is raised from its kickstand). Depending on the pre-set sensitivity, the alarm will also be triggered in case of lighter shocks or agitation response.
Depending on the chosen setup, the alarm system will trigger a pre-alarm and will only activate the alarm when the system is triggered again in a ten-second time frame. If the vehicle is transported (e.g. by ferry, trailer or tow-truck) the alarm system can be deactivated non-recurring by pressing the horn button while switching disengaging the main switch. If implemented within cars or sidecars, we recommend the highest sensitivity setting (option F).

1 - 14 of 14 Posts