Honda VTX Forum banner
1 - 18 of 18 Posts

·
Registered
9,766 Posts
One of my favorite roads. Neck yoke and rockerville are a far nicer ride than 16 if you are going to keystone. Or sutting across to playhouse rd. and needles (or iron mt.)

·
Registered
828 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
I ride this road to Keystone about once every two days throughout the summer and early fall, in fact, I'll likely go up there for coffee tomorrow morning again.

This road, (as you know) has just enough changing hazards to make it interesting every time I ride it, from locals going too fast AND too far over the center line as they top blind hill crests, to entire nurseries of young wild turkeys, buttloads of deer at dusk, and of course, the ever-changing positions of the small herd of free-range red and black Angus that are present every season on the second (south) section.....and their poop.

Keeps ya' guessing every time. A great road.

·
Registered
933 Posts
That is a good road.

I am truly spoiled now though. My backyard butts up against Sheridan Lake Road. 8) Out past Red Rocks.

Just got back online today. I am never moving again. :lol:

·
Registered
9,766 Posts
Zurn said:
That is a good road.

I am truly spoiled now though. My backyard butts up against Sheridan Lake Road. 8) Out past Red Rocks.

Just got back online today. I am never moving again. :lol:

You must live out by Todd (the Amsoil dealer). I'm jealous, I have to ride across town to hit the twisties.. :?

·
Registered
1,389 Posts
I hope I can find a place to stay up there....last minute decision and all.... :oops: Here's hoping for a last minute cancellation somewhere. :wink:

·
Registered
828 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
black hills said:
You must live out by Todd (the Amsoil dealer)
Being brilliant(?), I imagine that the 'Todd' in question must live next to that little Amsoil sign I see on the right side of Sheridan Lake road about half way to 385.

·
Registered
10,672 Posts
Art Vandalay said:
[quote="black hills":1skvqa4j]You must live out by Todd (the Amsoil dealer)
Being brilliant(?), I imagine that the 'Todd' in question must live next to that little Amsoil sign I see on the right side of Sheridan Lake road about half way to 385.[/quote:1skvqa4j]

The only thing I see on that road is the next turn :lol: I love Sheridan lake road! :wink:

·
Registered
9,766 Posts
nodakbassmaster said:
yup, but the rest of the year, especially during the week they are nice and empty!! :D
Very true.. I keep telling people they need to come in Sept. But, nobody every listens?? I can't count the # of times I've ridden Vanocker Canyon up and back (Doesn't take long on the CBR!) and didn't see another person!!

·
Registered
9,766 Posts
Art Vandalay said:
[quote="black hills":1o0kovha]You must live out by Todd (the Amsoil dealer)
Being brilliant(?), I imagine that the 'Todd' in question must live next to that little Amsoil sign I see on the right side of Sheridan Lake road about half way to 385.[/quote:1o0kovha]

Yes, you are brilliant. I don't know him all that well, but he inherited it from his Mother. So, if you are looking for Amsoil, that's the place.

·
Registered
67 Posts
Hills Riding

Went for a ride last Thursday. Wall was full of tourists, lots of bikes. Went down through the Badlands (Warmish) to Hwy 44 and into Rapid. 44 is getting very rough. (Airborn on 1 of the bumps). Vanocker Canyon :lol: to Sturgis and a Legendary Indian Taco at Rosco's :D , before heading for home. 2-1800's, 2-1300's and 1-wing. All averaged about 40 mpg. Great ride, friends and roads! I put on 430 miles and the other 1800 put on 550 before he got home. Not bad for a day-ride.

·
Registered
933 Posts
People still live in Dupree? :shock: :lol:

yeah, avoid hwy 44 from the badlands to Rapid City like the plague. unless you like having your vertebrae compressed

·
Registered
828 Posts
Discussion Starter · #15 ·
Zurn said:

yeah, avoid hwy 44 from the badlands to Rapid City like the plague. unless you like having your vertebrae compressed
I don't recall 44 being that bad, but I haven't been on it since late last summer.

On 44, I'm more concerned about the drunks than the bumps.

·
Registered
9,766 Posts
Art Vandalay said:
Zurn said:

I don't recall 44 being that bad, but I haven't been on it since late last summer.

On 44, I'm more concerned about the drunks than the bumps.
YEa!! the bumps are the least of you r worries!!

Going for a ride in about 1/2 hour..Hmm... Vanocker, Norris peak, Nemo or Neck yoke, rokerville, needles????? Decisions, decisions....

·
Registered
1,932 Posts
Art Vandalay said:
Rushmore from old Rockerville road. In about three weeks, it's gonna get crazy around here. :wink:

http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v192/JohnBacklund/rushmorerise2.
jpg
How about posting a map quest map so us arriving in town can get there with ease eh?

thanks

1 - 18 of 18 Posts