Honda VTX Forum banner

1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Registered
157 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I wanted to capture some decent sound so I borrowed a decent DSLR. I've wanted to try the Clayton Mod on my bike for a long time, well I finally borrowed a buddy's camera and took a long lunch...
Although there are other videos and sound clips posted of this, I wanted to share how MY bike is handling this...

This video shows a before, between (only one pipe drills), and the after.

I drilled a 'V' pattern more or less, making 5 holes in each back end with a 7/16" x 6" drill bit. I drilled only through that outside back plate and did not try drilling through the baffles.

You can decide for yourself if you like the sound or not, but I will say I love this new sound. Deeper, and slightly louder - not lots louder - which is perfect.

·
Registered
157 Posts
Discussion Starter #2
As an update, I drilled out two more holes in each pipe so there's 7 additional holes total in each pipe. It's absolutely true, 7 is the magic number for this mod. Sounds fantastic. Yes, it is a bit louder in my helmet on the freeway, but not so much that it bothers me. I actually enjoy the sound, hearing the rhythm of the pistons... LONG rides might require earplugs...

Maybe it's in my head, but it almost feels like there's a bit more HP... not tons, just... a little.

1 - 2 of 2 Posts