Honda VTX Forum banner
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
1,216 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
sorry that I have missed you all the past two weeks at biffs but I have been up in N. GA, NC and TN. riding the mountains and hitting (bad term to use, no I didn't get added to the tree of shame, thank God) the Dragon and riding the Skyway. Man what a ride. Just what I have read and what everyone has said; the dragon was great ( was for fun for me) but the Skyway was the real treat. BEAUTIFUL and with the curves too!!!! A definate must go again. Got to talk to a local up there and they said that the cops are writting tickets to the truckers now for even getting on the dragon, said that they are banning trucks from getting on it now (supposedly) but I went on a Monday and maybe passed about a dozen cars. But still a ton of bikes up there even on a monday. All I can say to anyone going for the first time, If you are going to do it, do the loop and start with the dragon. I think that you will be glad you did. I know that I was.... Had a great ride though and maybe I will be able to hook up with you guys next week at biffs.......

·
Registered
506 Posts
CW - Welcome back.... Glad you had a good time . I was thinking you dropped off the face of the earth.... LOl ..........

Ed

·
Registered
782 Posts
I was lost while I was up there riding, because I had a leader/guide.

Once we got to Deals Gap I knew I was going to ride the Dragon, but really had no idea how I got there. I was on the Blue Ridge Parkway to (according to my fellow riders) but I don't know much except it was beautiful.

Someday I'll have to go back with a map or gps and learn my way around.

Biker heaven up there.

·
Registered
41 Posts
was there for the Honda Hoot - my friend was on his 1800 (the 1300 hung with him nicely I might add). Rode the dragon 3 times, went on the skyway too. We did about a 220 mile loop from Knoxville. The best riding I've ever done; I hit more curves on that trip than I did on my first 5000 miles on the bike. Glad you had a good time and made home safe.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts