Honda VTX Forum banner

1 - 20 of 29 Posts

·
Registered
309 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Don't know how fast they will go, but I know how fast they will sell.

Just got a black one in yesterday and got it on the floor at 3 pm.

Sold before 5 pm.

Booya to all the naysayers!:yikes:

·
Registered
1,302 Posts

Sold before 5 pm.

I hear the Silver ones are the fastest, and the Orange ones can hardly get out of their own way...:D

·
Registered
76 Posts
i just went and looked at 3 new ones sitting on the showroom floor dont know how fast there selling around here in Louisiana but i dont really expect to see them go to fast around here because of the oil money around here the people dont know that there are other bikes out there other than Harley if you get my drift.

·
Registered
17 Posts
i just went and looked at 3 new ones sitting on the showroom floor dont know how fast there selling around here in Louisiana but i dont really expect to see them go to fast around here because of the oil money around here the people dont know that there are other bikes out there other than Harley if you get my drift.
What location in Louisiana for the dealer w/ 3? I bought mine in Metairie, La @ Boyce. I only seen the Blue [my bike], would be nice to see the other colors.

·
Registered
309 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
After posting this today, had a guy come in and wanted to trade his GSX 600 with 2000 miles for a cruiser.

The black Fury was sitting outside waiting for the new owner to pick up. I said in my best fast talking salesman's voice:

"So, have you seen the new Fury?" He replied "What's that?" I said "Come and see."

He looked at it for all of 2 minutes and said "Can I buy this one?" I had to deflate him and say "No, this one is sold, but if you want I can get you a Blue one tomorrow."

His reply: "Do it!"

How is that for fast selling. Don't even have it on the floor and sold it!

·
Registered
4,956 Posts
After posting this today, had a guy come in and wanted to trade his GSX 600 with 2000 miles for a cruiser.

The black Fury was sitting outside waiting for the new owner to pick up. I said in my best fast talking salesman's voice:

"So, have you seen the new Fury?" He replied "What's that?" I said "Come and see."

He looked at it for all of 2 minutes and said "Can I buy this one?" I had to deflate him and say "No, this one is sold, but if you want I can get you a Blue one tomorrow."

His reply: "Do it!"

How is that for fast selling. Don't even have it on the floor and sold it!
I think maybe he's gonna be disappointed in the performance difference.

·
Registered
5,899 Posts
But greatly appreciate the looks of his new bike! :thumbup:

Finally saw one in person, it looks good.

I suspect that performance wasn't on his mind when he bought a chopper. :lol:

·
Registered
4,169 Posts
Eh, maybe he was sick of sitting on a steel folding chair and now wants to sit on something stylish and comfortable.

I used to have a "performance" bike. Do I miss it, now that I have my 1800? Sometimes, but I'd never make a "performance" bike my only bike.

·
Registered
76 Posts
What location in Louisiana for the dealer w/ 3? I bought mine in Metairie, La @ Boyce. I only seen the Blue [my bike], would be nice to see the other colors.

Lafayette motorsports at I 10 and university they had a blue one, gray with black rims one, and another one was sitting off to the side by the window that i didnt really pay much attention too. the first two are sitting right out in front as soon as you walk in.

I dont know :dontknow: what all the beef is about the Fury but i think it looks like a good bike

·
Registered
89 Posts
Just went to a demo today and they had 6 of them sitting for sale and none were sold that I know of. They had them priced at $13400 for regular colors and $13900 for the matter silver with black, all way overpriced in my opinion. I really liked the ride but coming from an 1800 the power was obviously a lot different, still a very nice bike.

·
Registered
1,023 Posts
I pretty much bought mine while it was still being uncrated... Traded in my VTX1300C, the dealer sold it 2 days later.
where did you buy it? I was at East Side Honda yesterday and they said they have sold 3 right out of the crate. If you did, they have the best service dept. I've ever seen in a dealer.

·
Registered
3 Posts

Sold before 5 pm.

Thats funny, how did your dealership get a black fury before any other dealer in the country. I call BS on your story:congrats: BTW I also sell new honda motorcycles

·
Registered
89 Posts
Thats funny, how did your dealership get a black fury before any other dealer in the country. I call BS on your story:congrats: BTW I also sell new honda motorcycles

There was a black one at the demo ride in Lincoln Friday and Saturday so they must be out there.

1 - 20 of 29 Posts