Honda VTX Forum banner

the future of motorcycles

1K views 22 replies 21 participants last post by  X'N 
#1 ·
#9 ·
It's actually not that bad looking. Kinda cool. But 50 miles really limits you a lot. I wonder what the forthcomeing hydrogen fuel cell sector will bring us. Could be interesting. And yeah, $15grand is kind of a high price for a 50 mile limitation.

#12 ·
Not to re-hijack this thread back from the can-masher lady, but.....

"The Enertia's appeal should spread widely since it lacks many of the traits that traditionally steer people away from a two-wheeled, mechanized ride. It requires no gas or oil, and thus smells like neither"

This statement is a bogus bunch of crap from a writer who knows nothing about modern motorcycles. I've been riding since 1966 on forty different bikes, and not one smelled like gas or oil any more than the family sedan did.

(Ok! maybe my 1970 Triumph Bonneville did a bit when you 'tickled' the carbs on cold start-up, but that was a medieval machine anyway, what with genuine leather pushrod gaskets and all).

#13 ·
It has to be a LOT less than $15,000 if they want me to go green. Sorry- I do try to conserve but MY bottom line has to come into play too.

#20 ·
Price has got to come way down.
Heck I thought 5 grand for a scooter was high.

But I do like the premise....be cool for going to work and kids to school.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.