Honda VTX Forum banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
622 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Went to my friend's brother's house Saturday night for a cookout with a bunch of people. Arrived a little early, as he was wanting to see my bike (had never seen it). He has ridden for many years, but has been out of biking for a little bit.He is currenty building a chopper...bought the frame from OCC, got and S&S motor from Kendall Johnson, 250 rear tire, etc. Anyway, my friend told his brother that I had a Honda, so I don't know if he knew what to expect. Well, rode up and the jaws dropped. Mind you, my bike is certainly not the caliber of a lot of bikes on this board, but let's face it, the lines of the VTX are just nice (in fact, one guy kept talking about how sexy the lines of the bike were...said it just "flowed".) Anyway, my friend's brother (heck, he's my friend too, we'll call him Jim...) said he had to take it for a ride. He hops on and takes off. Is gone for a good 10 minutes....comes back, gets off the bike, and starts shaking his head. First words out of his mouth are "Man, that it without a doubt the nicest ride on a bike I have ever had". Told me it was smooth, just felt good, and did it ever have the torque. Then he said to his brother (who is looking to buy a bike) that that bike is all a man could ever ask for. Told him once he rode for a while (he is a new rider), that he should get one of those without a doubt. Shook his head again, smiled at me, then stuck his hand out to me to shake it....while shaking my hand, he said "that is one awesome bike, I can't believe it."
I think we have a convert.....I'd be lying if I said I didn't feel like a proud papa...... :D

·
Registered
8,739 Posts
They are w/o a doubt, the best bikes built!

·
Registered
1,741 Posts
Why don't you post a better pic of your bike. All we have to go by is that little pic under your name. I know you had some polishing done, so how about it?

·
Registered
795 Posts
Hey MNX Rider

Tell me about that sissy bar??? Back in the old days I usta make my own when I worked in the shop then send out to be chromed.. One had a WW11 scabbard and bayonet built into it and still have the bayonet.
Anyway nice touch dude...

·
Registered
8,739 Posts
It was designed by myself, and built by Wild Card Customs in Dallas TX. The bar is 3/4" round stock, and the rack is 1/2". It is roughly 36" tall. It get's a lot of looks, considering not many have seen a bar quite like it. I am contemplating making a few my self, and selling them. I would have made this one, but I need to purchase a better welder first. :wink:

·
Registered
795 Posts
MNX Rider

Reminds me of the old days..when sissy bars were long and tall and as different as the bikes were. Keep us informed. I lived in Vadnais Heights MN until last year when I moved out to Sturgis...

·
Registered
8,739 Posts
Can I crash on your floor in August? :wink: I will let you know how I turn out. Prolly won't go into production until it is too cold to ride again!!

·
Registered
622 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
SurfriderNC said:
Why don't you post a better pic of your bike. All we have to go by is that little pic under your name. I know you had some polishing done, so how about it?
I'll try to post one later tonight...I think the few pics I took since the new wheels are on my PC at home.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts