Corrected 1/4-mile*: 13.72 sec. @ 94.51 mph
0-60 mph*: 5.31 sec.
Top-gear roll-on, 60-80 mph*: 5.51 sec.

·
Registered
3,752 Posts
Discussion Starter #2
More numbers....

I was over at the Furyforms to see what people were paying for Furys.

http://www.furyforums.com/forum/honda-fury-general-discussion/106-out-door-price.html

-Just paid $12,999 plus tax and $260 in "dock fees".
- Paid $15,487 with prep and tax OTD
-
14,481 OTD
-out the door was 14158.93 with tax, title
-$14,610 OTD Docking Fees are a rip off
-$13764.45 OTD
-Total OTD Cost =$15,816.73
-Out the Door $14,092.13

Have people lost there frigging minds???? Honda hit the jackpot on the Fury:)

·
Registered
5,899 Posts
More numbers....

http://www.furyforums.com/forum/honda-fury-general-discussion/106-out-door-price.html

-14,481 OTD
-$13764.45 OTD
-Out the Door $14,092.13

you missed a few-

www.bartlesvillecyclesports.com

Yes i payed 11,699.00 and a 12.00 doc fee 11,711.00 OTD just went and got it to day. they went up 200.00 now there 11,899.00 and 12.00 doc fee. They don't rip you.
paid 11650.oo
OTD 12300.oo,
Bike/tax/reg & Lic fee

I'm in illinois.. 12,300. When I was shopping around the state, the concensus was no one was going to sell it under MSRP, I didn't get much off.. but I think it helped that I knew what bike and color every dealership had in stock.

·
Registered
3,752 Posts
Discussion Starter #5

I was just reporting on the crazy people:lol:

I think there is going to be some buyer's remorse kick in when Honda kicks production into full steam. The Fury is a mass produced motorcycle just like the VTX. As orders come in they ramp production, there is nothing limited or exclusive about it.

·
Registered
871 Posts
More numbers....

-14,481 OTD
-$13764.45 OTD
-Out the Door $14,092.13

Bro, your ride with the Mods you did and the money you have in yours is way cooler than the Fury. You actually came out cheaper didnt you?

·
Registered
3,752 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Bro, your ride with the Mods you did and the money you have in yours is way cooler than the Fury. You actually came out cheaper didnt you?

Cheaper than some for sure. The Fury has grown on me, but I would NOT swap my bike for a second for a Fury at this time. The Fury is just way to overpriced for me and there isn't enough aftermarket parts to keep me entertained. Maybe in 3-4 years when the market is saturated with Fury's and there is a 280 tire kit for it then I'll consider it:)

·
Registered
5,899 Posts
I was just reporting on the crazy people:lol:

I think there is going to be some buyer's remorse kick in when Honda kicks production into full steam. The Fury is a mass produced motorcycle just like the VTX. As orders come in they ramp production, there is nothing limited or exclusive about it.
The matte finish (black rims) limited production bike will reportedly only have 500 units for 2010.

Pretty exclusive. :thumbup:

I think I hear PT Barnum.nojoke
:lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:

PT Barnum performs daily at hd dealers around the country. ;)

·
Registered
723 Posts
It's a re-enactment of the VTX1800 intro. Because there had never been a Honda quit like it before, what are called the "early adopters" in marketing lingo often paid MSRP+ to be the first on their block to have one. This prompted Honda dealers who were $tarry-eyed at the prospect of getting HD "$tealer" style profits on these bikes to demand more and more. But it would not last and within a couple of years all the Big4 had something competing with it. VTX1800's were way overproduced then they started selling at huge discounts. Like I got mine at. I'll wait ;)

·
Registered
3,752 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
It's a re-enactment of the VTX1800 intro. Because there had never been a Honda quit like it before, what are called the "early adopters" in marketing lingo often paid MSRP+ to be the first on their block to have one. This prompted Honda dealers who were $tarry-eyed at the prospect of getting HD "$tealer" style profits on these bikes to demand more and more. But it would not last and within a couple of years all the Big4 had something competing with it. VTX1800's were way overproduced then they started selling at huge discounts. Like I got mine at. I'll wait ;)

That and Honda is trying to re-coop millions lost in developing the DN-01 not to be mistaken for a N1-H1:)

·
Seasoned Member
8,334 Posts
Review in Cycle World June 2009 tested the Fury and claims these #'s:
56.0 rear wheel HP @4300 RPM.
71.6 foot-pounds of TORQUE @3300 RPM.
Top Speed governed at 100 MPH.
0-60 in 5.4 sec.
1/4 mile in 13.88 sec @ 92.58 MPH.

When Cycle World tested the VTX-1300 they came up with these #'s:
60.3 rear wheel [email protected] RPM
77.4 foot-pounds of TORQUE @3000 RPM
Corrected 1/4-mile*: 13.72 sec. @ 94.51 mph
0-60 mph*: 5.31 sec.
Top-gear roll-on, 60-80 mph*: 5.51 sec.
This is interesting to me, I thought the big hub-bub over the fuel injection vs carb-ed was that the F/I delivered more power over the carb.

It's kind of interesting to see that the carbed version still holds a bit more power. And clearly the weight difference doesn't mean a whole lot as the 0-60 times and 1/4 mi times are still faster on the VTX.

·
Registered
723 Posts
This is interesting to me, I thought the big hub-bub over the fuel injection vs carb-ed was that the F/I delivered more power over the carb.

It's kind of interesting to see that the carbed version still holds a bit more power. And clearly the weight difference doesn't mean a whole lot as the 0-60 times and 1/4 mi times are still faster on the VTX.
EFI has some advantages but free ponies (all else being equal) aren't one of 'em. From the manufacturer's standpoint, EFI has come down in price and it cuts down on warranty service (not because carbs are unreliable but because clueless noobs don't understand things like chokes). That & EPA reqs are why carbs are going away. Nothing to do with horsepower.

·
Registered
2,014 Posts
What i dont understand

Fury max hp comes in 700rpms lower but max torque comes in 300rpms later than a VTX1300. AND both are less?

So the Fury makes less hp at higher rpms of only 5000 where the VTX is maxing out? I could understand this if it was making more max TORQUE at LOWER rpms too.

They claimed different cams (i think). The carb and throttle body are similar in size. (i think). This probably means another non owner/dealer adjustable stock ECU but this time with even more restrictions.

I wonder what the redline is on a Fury (same as a VTX?) because something doesnt make sense. Sounds like the ECU is really holding it back and governed? Sounds like you wont just need a PCIII but the ignition addon too if its restricting timing under redline.

Did they post a dyno graph we can compare to the older VTX1300 graph or just give the numbers. It might just be a typo?:dontknow: I wonder if there were any gearing changes and final ratio change?

·
Registered
37 Posts
I am confused how Honda can be happy with 1300 cc's producing 56 HP. A 1978 GL1000 stock produces 80HP. The new 1832cc Goldwings produce 118 HP stock. I would think Honda's new cruiser could focus on HP (V-4 perhaps?).

·
Registered
3,752 Posts
Discussion Starter #17
HP isn't why Honda built the Fury.
Correct.

I posted the HP numbers because there was speculation that the Fuel Injection on the Fury improved the HP numbers over the VTX which it does not.

·
Registered
723 Posts
I am confused how Honda can be happy with 1300 cc's producing 56 HP. A 1978 GL1000 stock produces 80HP. The new 1832cc Goldwings produce 118 HP stock. I would think Honda's new cruiser could focus on HP (V-4 perhaps?).
A v-twin needs to either rev higher than 5-6 grand or else be in the BIG displacement class to make streetable, reliable 3-digit hp. High-revving ones tend not to sound like the cruiser crowd wants a v-twin to sound.

HD spent millions getting Porsche to help design one for the Vrod that does sound more-or-less like a Harley is supposed to, and the reception has been lukewarm even then (OTOH Vrods are selling better now that they lowered prices). Since Honda wants to make outrageous profits on the Fury, and some people are biting right now, why should they stuff it with triple-digit ponies...yet? You can bet they will at some point though it's anybody's guess whether it'll be a BIG v-twin, a souped up midsize, or some kind of multi that's not a me-too. I vote for a 4-banger that eats high$ V-twins for breakfast rather than paying wannabe homage to them.

·
Seat Dr
5,159 Posts
What you guys are missing. Supply and demand. No supply and the demand is there so premium prices will be paid. Samething HD did for years. Then they did just like Honda did, produced way to many bikes but HD hasn't lowered their prices like Honda did on the VTX 1800. In 2002 people were paying premium prices for the 1800. Honda over produced in 2003 and at the end of 2004 had to move all the old 2003's so they cut the bottom out on them and were selling them for $8k+. The F and Neo's have done much better but then they were not over produced like the early C and retro models were.

As far as HP numbers go, I feel sure these numbers reflect the EPA rules. HP numbers will continue to fall as the EPA continues to tighten the belt to get emmisions down. After market exhaust and intake will give the Fury the power it needs, but with so few bikes being made and sold it isn't going to be a cheap thing to do.

IMO the Fury was and is a smart move. Honda has generated a lot of intrest but the real future remains to be seen. I am very curious to see if Honda continues to push forward or if they will fall back into their old mentality of if ain't broke don't fix it and we'll just cut the price to sell more. Right now they need to push the envelope but leave the ding dongs who came up with the Rune sitting on the sidelines and let the guys who developed the Fury give a lot of input of the next generation of bikes. 2010 and 2011 will show what cards they are playing.

Just my .02 take it for what it is worth.

·
Registered
2,014 Posts
As far as HP numbers go, I feel sure these numbers reflect the EPA rules. HP numbers will continue to fall as the EPA continues to tighten the belt to get emmisions down. After market exhaust and intake will give the Fury the power it needs, but with so few bikes being made and sold it isn't going to be a cheap thing to do.
Thats is fairly true but i have seen a few with more hp than last year with minor changes. HD now offers a 95 crank hp Sporty.

Strangely the new R1 with the MotoGP based motor makes less peak hp than last years. Sounds wicked though. :evil:

The Fury seems even more than just EPA restricted. Sounds like Honda felt they needed to add a little extra since a chopper isnt the best platform for serious performance. HDs Rocker was even rated lower than other 96ci if i remember correctly.

Maybe a more pro street style would have seen a higher performance motor. I hope to see some Stage1 dyno runs soon to get a better idea how bad its breathing is restricted or if its more ECU based.

Come on guys with pipes get on a dyno and let us see. :mrgreen:

BTW any owners notice if they have 2 O2 sensors? Or 1 or none? I know of an inline device that can richen this up a bit. Its popular on a few other lean EFI bikes and cheap.

1 - 20 of 21 Posts