Honda VTX Forum banner
1 - 20 of 142 Posts

·
Registered
514 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·

This is the Official thread for discussing the South Carolina Summer Dragon Tour '07 ... 8/24 through 8/26

Day 1

We will be departing at 07:00 from the Hardees on Highway 52 in Goose Creek, SC on August 24, 2007.

From there, we will be making our way across South Carolina to Deal's Gap, where legend has it a menacing dragon dwells.

We will take refreshment, dine and slumber HERE, our base of operations for laying siege to the dragon's den.

HERE IS A MAP OF THE PROJECTED STOPS

HERE IS THE TRAVEL ITINERARY FOR DAY 1

Day 2

On August 25th we will slay the dragon. The exact method will be of a time and place or OUR choosing.

Day 3

On August 26th we will return to the fort, victorious.

All gallant knights are invited to attend. The more the merrier. If you plan on joining us then drop me a PM or state as much in this thread and I will add your name to the list. You can meet with us at the rally point in Goose Creek or any one of the stops along the way. Lodging accomodations are made for everyone currently signed up, if you owe me money we can square up at the rally point. If you're not on the list below and want to come you'll have to make your own lodging accommodations.

So far we have the following participants:

Crunkeditup
Hotrod_TA
Sunmonk1
Riff Raff
Keoweepirate (from Clemson)

Let me know if I've missed anyone.

Plan ahead, pack lightly and accordingly. Keep in mind the weather will be warm, but we might also encounter rain or cool evenings. We will be passing through Georgia and ending up in North Carolina, which are not pro-choice states when in comes to helmets, either.

T-Shirts???

I have ordered a very limited supply of these, so if you want one and haven't already gotten your order in to me, then be speaking up soon. Due to the very limited quantity I had to order the price of these is $14 each.

Time Remaining -- Click Here!

I will update this main post with additional information as it becomes available.

·
Registered
294 Posts
This is gonna be a great weekend for sure and of note...I just order a slip on exhaust so you guys won't lose me...IE it was too damn quiet!!! LOL

·
Registered
22 Posts
Looking forward to slaying the Dragon

It will be a ide to be remembered. I may have a couple other riders from the Clemson area. I just sent them the "formal Itinerary" to try and get commitments. Everyone make sure your brakes are in top shape!

·
Registered
514 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Alright I know I said I was gonna let you all handle the T-shirts, but what the heck. What do you guys think about this?

·
Registered
514 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
sunmonk1 said:
I dig it!!
It does look pretty cool if I do say so myself! Although I ain't too sure about the little motorcycle man ... might need to change that ...

·
Registered
134 Posts
Hey there guys. Bad news I am going to be unable to go. That is the week end of my eldest sons 12th birthday, I am also working Friday and Saturday. I am bummed I can't make it and hope this doesn't disqualify me from purchasing a couple of those hot t-shirts! I like another has previously stated have missed to many sporting events and school functions because of work. I promised myself, and my wife, I would not let the bike cut in to family time. With that said, I must regretfully back away from the round table and remain in the village to defend the home land of any serpents that may escape you on the front line. I am still going to make it to deals gap maybe later this year, I will let you know here of any plans. I still hope to meet up with you guys for some riding before the trip. I am beginning to shed my workaholism but it is a hard habit to break. If I don't see you before hand, remember to ride hard, ride smart, and above all ride safe!
Jeff

·
Registered
514 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
That's a bummer Jeff ... you will be missed!

But if anyone really wants shirts then let me know. There's got to be sufficient interest before I can order any ...

·
Registered
474 Posts
There are 5-6 of us from the VTX Cafe site that are riding the Dragon & Cherohala loop on that Friday afternoon. We are staying at the Two Wheel Inn in Robbinsville.

·
Registered
514 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
poolmaster79 said:
There are 5-6 of us from the VTX Cafe site that are riding the Dragon & Cherohala loop on that Friday afternoon. We are staying at the Two Wheel Inn in Robbinsville.
Awesome, maybe we can have like a mini VTX rally at Deal's gap on Saturday!??

·
Registered
514 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
Hey! What do you all think of my lovely photochopping abilities??

I can get these made for about $12 each (professionally screenprinted) if there is sufficient interest.

Or maybe someone else can come up with something better?

·
Registered
294 Posts
as far as I am concerned...run with the ball...I want two, one for me and one for my brother...XL and a L

·
Registered
430 Posts
vtxoa meets vtx cafe....hmmm.....:)

Hey guys.. :) I know poolmaster told you guys a group of us from the vtx cafe were gonna be there the same weekend..Only we'll be arriving early enough on Friday to Slay the Dragon before the weekend rush...well thats the plan anyway..Most of us are staying at the Two Wheel inn...Hope we can find time for the two groups to meet..as you know I post on both sites and have found alot of the same peeps on both...I think the guys riding with ya'll are not on the Cafe too..well..maybe one or two who popped in to say hello recently..my point is..there are alot of great people on both sites...and we all love the X..it would be super to meet up sometime on Saturday...or even friday night...BB :)

·
Registered
514 Posts
Discussion Starter · #15 ·
Re: vtxoa meets vtx cafe....hmmm.....:)

betty boop said:
Hey guys.. :) I know poolmaster told you guys a group of us from the vtx cafe were gonna be there the same weekend..Only we'll be arriving early enough on Friday to Slay the Dragon before the weekend rush...well thats the plan anyway..Most of us are staying at the Two Wheel inn...Hope we can find time for the two groups to meet..as you know I post on both sites and have found alot of the same peeps on both...I think the guys riding with ya'll are not on the Cafe too..well..maybe one or two who popped in to say hello recently..my point is..there are alot of great people on both sites...and we all love the X..it would be super to meet up sometime on Saturday...or even friday night...BB :)
That sounds like a great idea Betty! Although I think Friday might be difficult for us to swing since we'll be on the road most of the day. It's going to take us probably more than 8 hours to get there from Charleston, and I suspect everyone's going to be a bit worn out. Right now it looks like we're going to stay in Bryson City, which is still a ride out to the dragon, although that's not for sure yet. But a saturday VTX get-together would be fun I think!

·
Registered
229 Posts
Can we get that tee in long sleeve, so I can use it instead of a jacket for riding on base?

So far I'm still in, work hasn't said no yet, but they haven't said yes either...

·
Registered
430 Posts

CrunkedItUp said:
betty boop said:
That sounds like a great idea Betty! Although I think Friday might be difficult for us to swing since we'll be on the road most of the day. It's going to take us probably more than 8 hours to get there from Charleston, and I suspect everyone's going to be a bit worn out. Right now it looks like we're going to stay in Bryson City, which is still a ride out to the dragon, although that's not for sure yet. But a saturday VTX get-together would be fun I think!
Sounds great ...we are riding up friday to...you must be taking the really..really LONG way...lol..We are leaving from Walterboro SC..around 7:45 am and meeting up with the other peeps in Travelers Rest...then on to Robbinsville...to the Two wheel in...then to the Dragon..Hopefully..if we don't get there in time to ride friday we'll do it sat. morning..Well have to excange numbers sometime before we go, so we can meet up at some point...K...BB :)

·
Registered
514 Posts
Discussion Starter · #18 ·
I had a special request for the t-shirts to be black with white lettering, so I put it together and I like it!

I think this is what I'm going to go with. The long sleeved one's are significantly more expensive (like double). Of course, the more that I order the cheaper they get. I think right now I'm going to go with the minimum amount. So get your orders in to me by next week!

·
Registered
514 Posts
Discussion Starter · #19 ·

betty boop said:
Sounds great ...we are riding up friday to...you must be taking the really..really LONG way...lol..We are leaving from Walterboro SC..around 7:45 am and meeting up with the other peeps in Travelers Rest...then on to Robbinsville...to the Two wheel in...then to the Dragon..Hopefully..if we don't get there in time to ride friday we'll do it sat. morning..Well have to excange numbers sometime before we go, so we can meet up at some point...K...BB :)
Walterboro is almost an hour closer than from where we're leaving from. Plus guys were whining (I will not mention names) about having to ride up and actually suggested trailering! so we're making frequent stops for them to relieve their butt burn. And we're picking up other riders in Orangeburg and Clemson, so we are taking the long way!

We'll definitely do a numbers exchange before the day comes so maybe we can all get on the same page ...

1 - 20 of 142 Posts