Honda VTX Forum banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
454 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I pluged the pair valve. My question is: Has anyone ever actually had water or something bad happen as a result of just plugging it?

I have read from "search" that this can happen. I'm just to lazy to order the plates and do the whole program with the reed valves. Is this one of those things that I can not afford to forego.
Jack

·
Registered
2,443 Posts
I really thought i remembered

That being SEEN. not to mention the caps go bad due to the heat and such.....

Id block it off then you never have to worry.

·
Registered
1,038 Posts
If you are going to do it, do it right so we will not have to help ya fix it when the half a$$ maint catches up to ya. :wink:

Be Safe

·
Super Moderator
63,774 Posts
Yes, after doing a removal of a plugged system this past week water DOES collect in the hoses. We poored about a half cup or more from the removed hoses. 8)

·
Registered
217 Posts
Ditto to what C_Spike said.
I Helped a friend put his Blanking Plates on the weekend and we got about a half cup of water run out of the hose. Plate install took about 30 min.

·
Registered
395 Posts
A possible concern with going to the plates rather than plugs is the inability to quickly restore the bike to stock condition. If (and that's a big 'if') you ever have to have the bike smog tested or inspected removing pollution control devices would be an issue. For that reason I stick with caps rather than plates. If you have to spend the $2 to replace the caps once a year... no big deal.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts