Honda VTX Forum banner

1 - 20 of 116 Posts

·
Registered
799 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I don't live in your country. I make no judgement on the way your country runs itself. I am however shocked and disgusted and the ensuing violent rioting that has resulted. What did the shopkeepers do to warrant the burning down of their businesses?. If most Americans saw the footage the rest of the world is seeing now you would be worried at the way your country is being portrayed. If this behaviour was in a third world country we would think they were all savages. No society is perfect but something is definitely wrong for this repercussion to happen. To those on this forum living in the affected areas, please, stay safe. I understand the media want to present a story and this is only a small minority doing the rioting. As for the original incident the truth is clouded in there somewhere.

·
Registered
9,602 Posts

·
Registered
7,028 Posts
With all the lockdowns of the past few months any city is a powder keg waiting for a match.

·
Premium Member
6,634 Posts
On June 15 2011, the Vancouver Canucks lost in the Stanley Cup final to the Boston Bruins. As I recall there was nothing too contentious about the outcome of the game, Vancouver was just that hopeful. Nothing could be more ridiculous to fuel a riot than the outcome of a sporting event, yet it happens. It's not a stretch to see that with all of the race baiting going on, many people will feel very passionately about an injustice like this. Such outrage will cause at least a few to protest. That environment fueled with anger and outrage will empower some, or maybe many, who are far less passionate, to act out. It is an odd quirk of human nature we often see. I thunk it falls under the "mob mentality" umbrella. The mob begins to fuel itself, and before long, all sense of reason, and motive, flies to the wayside, because it is incredibly empowering for individuals. To act in such a criminal manner, with the feeling of complete impunity, is incredibly empowering.

·
Registered
9,602 Posts
many years ago.. I was helping the Red Cross at an Ohio tornado..
< amateur radio >

looting was so bad.. I was inside a police car with a police man... doing nightly patrol...
as police station and radio towers were destroyed.. as were the Land Lines.. pre-cell phone days.
I even help collect a few runners coming out of a store.

its greed an madness.
the groups know they out number the police.. and most will not be arrested.

·
Registered
7,028 Posts
And most LEO's are decent law abiding citizens, unlike the scum we all see carrying on burning, looting, rioting. A few bad cops occasionally show up, and it's the bad apples that 'spoil' the barrel thing. Cop discipline goes out the window. Followed by mob rule.

Reactions: vtox

·
Registered
1,105 Posts
Looting by Motorcycle! They're gonna get those guys because their licence plate shows in the video!
Very disturbing.

·
Registered
1,693 Posts
If the liberal city (leaders) had any thing other than pea sized balls they would have stopped this a long time ago.

Sent from my SM-J337V using Tapatalk

·
Registered
799 Posts
Discussion Starter #16
You have to ask yourself "Why are there so many people looking for an opportunity to get involved in this thing?" In all other countries these type of people are in a very very small minority. Is life in your country that hard for the poor and downtrodden?

·
Registered
9,602 Posts
You have to ask yourself "Why are there so many people looking for an opportunity to get involved in this thing?" In all other countries these type of people are in a very very small minority. Is life in your country that hard for the poor and downtrodden?
they think "THEY" are entitled

no 65 inch TV
no $1,000 cell phone
no Gold teeth
no Cadillac at the curb

my opinion. I grew up with them. one of 6 white kids in a school of 1,000.

just like... they can use the word "Nig^^".. to each other... but it will start a war if a white use it.

·
Registered
1,058 Posts
For some it is, and 100% effort is made to keep them there by telling them that they'll never ever be able to get out of that hole unless they vote for the democrats who in turn then will completely ignore them until the next election.

·
Registered
1,163 Posts
Let's not forget all those past riots in France, Britain etc. You let garbage into your country, you will have deal with it eventually. Every place on Earth has these animals. They just have different triggers in different places.
Yes, it looks bad to the rest of the civilized world but looking at the bigger picture, these cockroaches are everywhere and come out from time to time.

·
Registered
1,016 Posts
Esteemed Lofty:)

Some more minority poor and downtrodden...

1 - 20 of 116 Posts