Honda VTX Forum banner

1 - 20 of 31 Posts
H

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I can't wait until we get a chance to start tearing into the VTX1800 Retro and see what we have to do to make this fit.

·
Registered
633 Posts
I will be the first to sacrafice for the cause........... :lol:

just the look a nice Ill Blue retro needs....... 8)

·
Registered
983 Posts
Hi Hal... question

Hal @ Honda Direct Line said:
I can't wait until we get a chance to start tearing into the VTX1800 Retro and see what we have to do to make this fit.
I've always thought the Rune front end looked sharp. My dealer here let me ride his Rune, very fun. I checked your online store and didn't see a Rune listing for checking OEM prices. I know it will be nutso pricewise, but what is the retail for a Rune front end?

H

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
A lot of the Rune parts aren't even available as a regular purchase as Honda wants to keep them only for wrecked bikes.

·
Registered
507 Posts
You are really going to create a Honda Davidson!

I think Hal secretly wants to be a Harley dealer! :lol: :lol: :lol:

Will look cool though.

·
Registered
65 Posts
When you get that done for the R, then start on a springer/fender combo to put the fxsts/fxstb to shame for the C models.

·
Mad Hatter
21,317 Posts
Should be a Very Interesting Build!! Can't wait to see the Results!

And I Second the Ape Bars :lol:

H

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
I hope we can pull it off. I think what we are going to try and do is rather than modify the Springer front end to fit the bike that we are going to modify the bike to fit the springer.

It should be fun.

G

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #14
I for one would like to see it. It has been discussed before but mainly dissed by the nay sayers.

Thanks Hal!

·
Registered
983 Posts
Springers are kinda low tech step backwards but do look so very good :D Won't work for my kinda riding but I'll say Great Bike to whoever gets one. Cya, Lep

·
Registered
296 Posts
Dang!

That actually looks cool! 8)

·
Registered
2,618 Posts
Gonna withhold judgement until the final build is over. First reaction is that it will look awesome...but, that was also my first reaction to the news some yrs back that many riders were "hiding" their tank seams with tank trim. When I actually saw the trim installed on an X I felt A LOT differently...it is terrible IMO! :twisted:

·
Registered
983 Posts
Hook said:
Gonna withhold judgement until the final build is over. First reaction is that it will look awesome...but, that was also my first reaction to the news some yrs back that many riders were "hiding" their tank seams with tank trim. When I actually saw it installed on an X I felt A LOT differently! :twisted:
Funny thing, without the benefit of this fun board (I like the board) I'd have never noticed the tank seam. Have a Ride, Lep

1 - 20 of 31 Posts