Honda VTX Forum banner

21 - 27 of 27 Posts

·
Registered
2,557 Posts
At 63, I don't like gravel AND can't recover & react quite as fast as I used to. The last time I came upon gravel, I ended up going about 100' before deciding to turn around. Came to a stop and started walking the bike back and forth, trying to get the bike turned around, and ALMOST went down in the process. Feet were sliding, and I was sure it was going down. Locked the front brake and was able to hold the bike still, long enough to gather myself and get back under it again. By the time I got back off the gravel, I was soaking wet!!!!

·
Registered
1,292 Posts
I haven't ridden my VTXs over too many rough gravel roads, but in my younger days I did a bit of rough riding on my Gold Wing.

[/url]
Looking for a silver mine in Utah​
Did you find it

·
Registered
180 Posts
I hear ya gents, I avoid gravel/dirt roads at all costs. For my money those type of roads are no place for a VTX, no matter 1300/1800. When I was a kid those roads were a blast to ride on - then again I was riding a dirt bike over them and through the woods.

·
Senior Pirate
7,718 Posts
gravel, dirt, grass, etc.. just a bit more of a challenge .. but nothing to fear..

my 'F' has been down many paths .. and many miles.. 4 years ago... very south Florida proper.. 18 miles of gravel, dirt, and a large alligator on the road.

last winter....very south Texas.

or northern Georgia... to my brother-in-laws log home...on the bike 3 years ago.. his driveway is 3/4 of a mile long.....up hill all the way...... an I AM OLD...
Sounds like you might have done one of my favorites, Loop Road. 24 miles of hard packed gravel and gators. :wink2:

Attachments

·
Registered
8,848 Posts
Sounds like you might have done one of my favorites, Loop Road. 24 miles of hard packed gravel and gators. :wink2:
100 percent correct...

I was not willing to Stop and put my feet down to photo a gator..

I also have the photo of the old car display..

and a class of Indian school children going for a walk.. with 3 teachers.

blacktop can really "LIMIT" the trip value..

motorcycles were around before blacktop....:)

21 - 27 of 27 Posts