Honda VTX Forum banner
1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
2,236 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Well I didn't get wet but for most of the day ,Saturday, it was miserable, foggy and misting rain. I was supposed to ride with a buddy but he called off , so I went solo. Rode down to Sylvania Georgia. Most of the ride was down Hwy US 301, there was barely any traffic at all, this was a main route to Florida before interstae 95 was completed. It is awesome to see the old Motels and restaurants that are closed now . Stopped at the Georgia welcome center, it was built in 1960 and compared to the welcome centers and rest stops on interstates now it was rather small.But there were people working there to welcome vistors to the peach state.
Sylvania has a nice down town area with Cannons in the center of the street.Some very big houses there too. Stopped at R & D's for lunch and headed home.Cut thru some back roads on the way back and made it to where my grandparents had a farm when I was a kid.Took some pictures of the old house, which is about to fall down, lots of good times there growing up. Made it home just before 4 pm , round trip 237 miles. Not a bad day at all on the old X.

·
Registered
1,903 Posts
Sounds like the storyline from the cartoon movie "Cars".Did you meet an olde timer hiding from his past too?
Jus kiddin, sounds like a good ride. I was in Ailanta this weekend with the family and hated the dreary weather myself.

·
Registered
370 Posts
Sunny and 58 on Sunday, sunny and 61 on Monday....and I had to work!:cus: , sunny and 63 on Tuesday:banghead: and I gotta work. Sunny and 47 on Wednesday, and I don't work:thumbup: may be cool but I'm gonna go:mcrider:!!!

·
Registered
2,236 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
Sounds like the storyline from the cartoon movie "Cars".Did you meet an olde timer hiding from his past too?
Jus kiddin, sounds like a good ride. I was in Ailanta this weekend with the family and hated the dreary weather myself.

I am that old timer LOL Any one on here live in or near Sylvania? I was surprised that it is just 60 miles from My Grandparents old farm.

·
Registered
275 Posts
OK here's what 'cha do , the next time you get the urge to ride on a pre determined day go to a news website and check the radar for the area you plan to ride in.It is guaranteed to be accurate. Sounds like you had a nice time any way. I love to find a spot on the map and then either google or mapquest it and If I can make it there and back in a day I go for it, sometiomes all alone just like you did. have a great day!!!
Lisa

·
Registered
907 Posts
ride

How is the weather in 3rd rock from the sun Lisa. Sounds pretty warm to me.[quote=retrobabe201;2109010]OK here's what 'cha do , the next time you get the urge to ride on a pre determined day go to a news website and check the radar for the area you plan to ride in.It is guaranteed to be accurate. Sounds like you had a nice time any way. I love to find a spot on the map and then either google or mapquest it and If I can make it there and back in a day I go for it, sometiomes all alone just like you did. have a great day!!!
Lisa[/quote]

·
Registered
275 Posts
It is nice where I am , about 65 degrees , I will probably ride my bike to work tomorrow.
Lisa

1 - 10 of 10 Posts