Honda VTX Forum banner

1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
862 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Okay, I know they don't go hand in hand, but has anybody found a THIN DOT legal skull cap? I realize I can pay upwards of $160 for a nifty carbon fiber jobber, but is it really true that every rider I see is spending that much, or is wearing a novelty...?

Any ideas? The XTS Vega is about the thinnest legal half helmet I've found... and on my little gord, it's just too bulky....

·
Registered
219 Posts
helmets

check out helmetsrus.com- pretty good selection of DOT approved shorty helmets

·
Registered
436 Posts
I have saw the daytona helmet this past weekend at a vender booth. Almost bought one but didn't have enough cash on me. I've got two helmets anyway but they are nice.

·
Registered
409 Posts
SKIDLID is what I bought, DOT approved and thin liner inside. Dennis Kirk has them, but Hal can probably get them for ya. I paid $60.00 at Laconia last year for it....mike

·
Registered
100 Posts
Anyone have a real-life pic of one of these Polo style helmets actually on your head - to see how thin/bulky they are/aren't??

·
Registered
3,543 Posts
50k9gino said:
Anyone have a real-life pic of one of these Polo style helmets actually on your head - to see how thin/bulky they are/aren't??
I kinda like that one too.

·
Registered
3,543 Posts
sam goldsmith said:
Yeah, I remember that post. They have'em DOT approved now. Heck, I have 2 brand new hlemets I bought and have worn once, each. Just didn't like'em when I got home with'em. I need to sell'em anyway. I still like the polo style though, and maybe with a windshield.......?

·
Registered
862 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
Any pics of these helmets on somebody? Especially the NXT?

1 - 12 of 12 Posts