Honda VTX Forum banner

Thinkin of sellin

3K views 18 replies 14 participants last post by  Psalmist 
#1 ·
i'm thinkin about sellin my 06 vtx 1800c , don't really ride it much as I prefer my 1300. bike has a 6* rake with 2 inch fork extensions , custom intake and exhaust ,seat ,drag bars mirrors and more . it's also darksided with new front tire and battery. would like to get 5000.00 for it or would consider a trade for a nice 4x4 quad or side by side . bike has a little over 7000 miles on it . don't really have to sell it but thought i'd throw it out there and see. price is not rock solid.

Attachments

See less See more
#8 ·
Nice C Mike. I agree, that's a awesome price for it. Could you tell me what pipes those are and how you shortened them?
Thanks
they are bubs ,I removed the baffels took some measurements then used that blue painters tape on both sides of the spot where I wanted to make my cut. then using a new fine toothed sawsall blade I carefully made my cut cleaned up the area then installed the tips by carefully spot welding them back on . the whole thing was really easy I did not even have to remove the pipes to do it. so you know i'm a repair plumber by trade and am very good using a sawsall. so if your not used to using one you may want to remove the pipes .

#11 ·
Are you dissatisfied with the handling because of the rake?
no not at all the bike rides and handles great. but I have spent a great deal of time and money getting my 1300 to fit me and I just like it better. I don't really have to sell it as a matter of fact I have been toying with makin it into a bagger if I don't sell

#13 ·
Bagger? Pipes?

no not at all the bike rides and handles great. but I have spent a great deal of time and money getting my 1300 to fit me and I just like it better. I don't really have to sell it as a matter of fact I have been toying with makin it into a bagger if I don't sell
Mike, if you go that route and want to sell your pipes, would you let me know?
Thanks

#16 ·
Nice

Neighbor looks like alot of folks interested in your 1800. I have one so sorry. Best of luck, she is pretty for sure. thinkin of getting my fiance a bike but a little smaller, too bad you didnt have a 1300 laying around. Have you been down to viva motorsports and checked out the new F6B? thats a nice one on my list, maybe even a CTX1300. Pat

#18 ·
Just had a close look at that 1800. Really sharp and the right price for all those options. Should move quick come Spring. Seriously, I keep saying where else can you buy such a beautiful beast ball-o-fun for $5000?

#19 ·
Looks great Mike. It would make a great bagger, but would you ride it any more?

You have insufficient privileges to reply here.