Honda VTX Forum banner

1 - 20 of 30 Posts

·
Registered
14,249 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Every time someone even mentions HD the thread is pulled. What is the problem? And don't even say it has to do with bashing, because the last thread I read had no bashing at all, but was pulled. Hey, Lamont. What are we allowed to talk about on the general board?

·
Registered
828 Posts
cybrhick said:
Every time someone even mentions HD the thread is pulled. What is the problem? And don't even say it has to do with bashing, because the last thread I read had no bashing at all, but was pulled. Hey, Lamont. What are we allowed to talk about on the general board?

Not to speak for Lamont, but its simple. The board for a while seemed to be turning into a big HD bashing forum. Even if the thread didnt start off that way, it seemed (inevitably) to go that route sooner or later.

To the point that the rule was passed.

·
Registered
14,249 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
I know about the bashing, but I think it is going overboard when you can't even reference the name or they take down your post. For a matter of fact, we were making lighthearted fun of the fact that the mention of the name would get the thread removed, and sure enough it did. I can understand about not cursing, but this is a general motorcycle board, and HD is a brand of motorcycle. Surely the name will come up. Do we really need to pull every thread that invokes the name HD?

This post will disappear in 5... 4.... 3.... 2.... 1

·
Registered
841 Posts
Until people learn to behave nicely, it's "Quiet Time." Yes, it may not be fair that the majority suffers for the actions of the minority, but we should be able to police ourselves so that Lamont doesn't have to waste his time playing Kindergarden Cop.

·
Registered
468 Posts
This board has had some ugly moments lately. Members are chopping away at each other's posts and its coming across as mean spirited posturing.

I would like to see us strive to support each other's VTX experience and refrain from jumping on our fellow member's thoughts or comments. If someone posts a topic that you don't have anything of value to add to don't feel compelled to comment.

The mods of this board have done a fantastic job.

·
Registered
1,696 Posts
It gets pulled because someone says." Rode along with 2 buds, one on a shadow one on a sportster...."

And within a few replies someone flames the harley. It might be a harmless joke but then it turns into a full on harley bash n joke thread and the original content is ignored.
It seems to happen 80 percent of the time if not more.

·
Registered
146 Posts
cybrhick,

Your arguemnt, while good when considering the first amendment, falls quite short in the context of this forum.

It is a privately owned forum, and it is edited and managed at the discretion of the owners and the moderators. they can do as they please when they please and how they please, and it not a democratic process.

that's life, that's reality, and if they want to ban the word 'orange' they can and do not have to justify anything.

have you seen all the crapola posted on the OTB?

Lamont must draw the line somewhere, and this is the line.

I am grateful that he is willing to clean house so we can keep the board rightous and purposeful. Thanks lamont!

being a moderator is not a popularity contest.

Respectfully,

David

·
Registered
759 Posts
solveforX said:
cybrhick,

Your arguemnt, while good when considering the first amendment, falls quite short in the context of this forum.

It is a privately owned forum, and it is edited and managed at the discretion of the owners and the moderators. they can do as they please when they please and how they please, and it not a democratic process.

that's life, that's reality, and if they want to ban the word 'orange' they can and do not have to justify anything.

have you seen all the crapola posted on the OTB?

Lamont must draw the line somewhere, and this is the line.

I am grateful that he is willing to clean house so we can keep the board rightous and purposeful. Thanks lamont!

being a moderator is not a popularity contest.

Respectfully,

David
agreed, another site i go to (laconia bikeweek) has the same things. owner of the site has sponsors which don't want nudity and people keep getting upset they can't post pics of flashing from rally's etc. it's his site just as this is privately owned and ya gotta go by their wishes. don't like it well tough as they say. JMHO

·
Registered
474 Posts
you guys are killin me !! like a bunch of kids ...keep it up , i love it ..can you say harley davidson, and no i wont tell that cute little story about when i hit that gentleman sittin on the fatboy, and he fell off and knocked his girlfriend down ,just like bowling !! im way past that now , im more mature..i went to anger management classes !! :D

·
Registered
589 Posts
Who's picking on Hardley Furgerson... um... I mean Hardley Davidson....... um.... Harley Davidson?... Mean to tell me Harley needs Honda's help?

First, Harley sources parts from wholly owned subsidaries of Honda and now Harley comes to Honda owners, as if a child, crying, needing to be consoled? Hey, it's their paint shaker, not mine........... If they can't keep up with moderately current technology it's their problem, not mine... considering what their stock just did.... Case in point...

Be my guest and delete this... lock me out... but facts are facts.... they can't handle it, they can sit on the porch...

·
Registered
841 Posts
Bills VTX said:
Who's picking on Hardley Furgerson... um... I mean Hardley Davidson....... um.... Harley Davidson?... Mean to tell me Harley needs Honda's help?

First, Harley sources parts from wholly owned subsidaries of Honda and now Harley comes to Honda owners, as if a child, crying, needing to be consoled? Hey, it's their paint shaker, not mine........... If they can't keep up with moderately current technology it's their problem, not mine... considering what their stock just did.... Case in point...

Be my guest and delete this... lock me out... but facts are facts.... they can't handle it, they can sit on the porch...
I don't think you get it. I doubt very seriously that Harley or ANYBODY REMOTELY ASSOCIATED with HD came to Hal or Lamont whining about the way they are abused on this board. It's that the bashing has become tiresome, overly petty, etc. I'm sure you could get together with any of the good folks at HDL and chuckle at a few HD jokes over cold ones, but - for right now, at least - this board is taking a break from the bashing. We'll ALL be better off for it in the long run...

·
Registered
2,219 Posts
I had one a while back that was PRAISING HD folks...they stopped and picked me up when I had a flat tire and went WAY out of their way to help me out. I posted the details of it and the thread was a rare, all positive thread, but because it had the word Harley in it, it was unceramoniously dumped over on the OTB board. It was more about just bikers helping bikers. Anyway, I kind of agree with your point. Just because a thread mentions Harleys doesn't mean it's OFF TOPIC. :?

·
Registered
3,531 Posts
Are tey really gonna ban the color orange? :shock:

·
Registered
381 Posts
Just curious. What if someone bashes a Honda here. How would the management react to that. :?

·
Registered
381 Posts
Riverside said:
http://www.vtxoa.com/forums/viewtopic.php?t=45187
That is funny riverside. but not quite what I meant. Probably better not stir the pot anyway. Later.

·
Registered
841 Posts
GA Rainman said:
Anyway, I kind of agree with your point. Just because a thread mentions Harleys doesn't mean it's OFF TOPIC. :?
...and I'm sure that Lamont would be one of the first to tell you that he doesn't want to move posts, good or bad. It's just eating up his time. In the overall picture, Harley riders are our siblings. Rivalry? Ribbing? All good families experience a little. The ideal board will still have a little rivalry and ribbing, but will know where to draw the line.

All we have to do to enjoy a little more freedom is to demonstrate our ability to act responsibly. Anyway, Rainman, your post was one of the ones the mods would love to keep on the general board.

·
Registered
2,219 Posts
3D said:
All we have to do to enjoy a little more freedom is to demonstrate our ability to act responsibly. Anyway, Rainman, your post was one of the ones the mods would love to keep on the general board.
:? Um...ok...so why'd they move it to the OTB board then?

·
Registered
2,418 Posts
Well, since I'm the one that moves most of them, I'll elaborate a little.

People love to riff on harleys and harley riders. It got to the point there were 5 or 6 of them on the toppage of the forum constantly. It got old. Then it got older. Then it got ridiculous. So, after considerable begging on the part of the users here, we said "enough - talk about vtx's, talk about sunshine, your granma, synthetic oil, whatever. Anything but Harleys for a while".

So, Harley's are officially off-topic.

I know there are some who find this annoying, but trust me - the vast majority of folks here breathed a sigh of relief.

And since this is turning into a Harley thread, guess where it's going first thing in the morning?

1 - 20 of 30 Posts