Honda VTX Forum banner
1 - 17 of 17 Posts

·
Registered
1,563 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
This should be a hot bike! I need to go back and clean this up and do some highlighting. Any ideas on what this is for? This is the undertail section for my new blackbird. I am working on the rest of the layout in my mind but wanted to get the look of fire coming out the vents and under the rear fender.

If you have never been on a blackbird, don't, unless you are ready to buy one. This has to be the best riding bike I have ever had and actually more comfortable to ride than the 109 ( more upright than true sport bikes). At one time it was the fastest bike made but I don't think I will ever come close to the 175+ it will do.

·
Registered
553 Posts
Oak,

You're gettin' that real fire down pat! Looks great! Please post more pics when ya getter done........ :lol:

·
Registered
1,563 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
240 spoke said:
Damn OAK do you ever sleep...LOOKS great...SEE ME MATT
Actually lately not much at all. Trying to get multiple sets out the door at the same time and get some time to do the body of the blackbird.

·
Registered
10,672 Posts
VTXOAK said:
240 spoke said:
Damn OAK do you ever sleep...LOOKS great...SEE ME MATT
Actually lately not much at all. Trying to get multiple sets out the door at the same time and get some time to do the body of the blackbird.
Just got to ask to you have a regular job or do you just work for yourself?

Nice work!

·
Registered
2,537 Posts
VTXOAK said:
At one time it was the fastest bike made but I don't think I will ever come close to the 175+ it will do.

I've been at a digital spedo indicated 174 (CBR929) Man that was fun... Nice paint!

·
Registered
1,563 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
biod929 said:
VTXOAK said:
At one time it was the fastest bike made but I don't think I will ever come close to the 175+ it will do.

I've been at a digital spedo indicated 174 (CBR929) Man that was fun... Nice paint!
I don't think I will ever get it there but I never thought I would pin the 109 speedo either. At least the blackbird is made for that kind of speed. All I can say is it is a dream to ride and 1 bike that I don't feel like getting off. More comfortable than any cruiser I have owned and I have had a few.

·
Registered
89 Posts
I miss my Blackbird. Mine never got to 175. I geared it down 2 teeth in the front and went for quickness rather than top speed.

It is probably the only bike that I would purchase again.

But I really do like my VTX1800F also. But they are two different spectrums of riding and I couldn't afford both.

·
Registered
2,537 Posts
xsivone said:
I miss my Blackbird. Mine never got to 175. I geared it down 2 teeth in the front and went for quickness rather than top speed.

But I really do like my VTX1800F also. But they are two different spectrums of riding and I couldn't afford both.
I hear ya I'm trying to scratch the bottom of my penny jar so I can buy my CBR back (good thing I sold it to my dad who doenst ride it, long story) I always liked the blackbird too. Then again an RC51 would be nice. If I only had the $$

·
Registered
1,563 Posts
Discussion Starter · #12 ·
biod929 said:
xsivone said:

I hear ya I'm trying to scratch the bottom of my penny jar so I can buy my CBR back (good thing I sold it to my dad who doenst ride it, long story) I always liked the blackbird too. Then again an RC51 would be nice. If I only had the $$
I thought about the rc51 but from everything I have read about them, they are not long distance bikes at all. So fare I love the blackbird and have been very surprised at how much I like the sport/touring feel. I guess that is why they still sale them in Europe.

·
Registered
2,231 Posts
Post pictures once you get it put back together. Blackbirds are great bikes from everything I've read.

·
Banned
13,031 Posts
XXBB's ARE nice. I've ridden a few and loved everyone'o'm. They're very smooth. The WOT diff twix it an a Busa ain't even an issue. I like the BlackBirds more.

·
Registered
1,563 Posts
Discussion Starter · #16 ·
Duug said:
XXBB's ARE nice. I've ridden a few and loved everyone'o'm. They're very smooth. The WOT diff twix it an a Busa ain't even an issue. I like the BlackBirds more.
I took it out today and put over 300 miles on it on mostly back roads. All I can say is I had a smile on my face the whole time and never felt tired or sore when I got off. What a great bike!

1 - 17 of 17 Posts