Honda VTX Forum banner

81 - 89 of 89 Posts

·
Registered
3,929 Posts
Why the run down so much without even riding it????? I mean, all I see on threads are I wish Honda would do something different! Well they did and it's fuel injected!
For me "something different" does not mean stepping back 10 years in design and producing a chopper. I don't care what you change or add to it, it is still a dated "style" that has run it's course.

Lower sleeker and more of a Pro Street style and at least they would have been riding the back edge of the current wave. They have too much motor for "starter" bike standards, so I doubt it will be a big entry/starter bike. The trend in cruisers is more motor more motor more motor and they missed that by keeping the 1300, so the "power" guys will look elsewhere. Best I can guess is it will give the Shadow folks something to think about.

You can put a fat tire on it (also on the way out), change up some of the sheet metal, paint, chrome etc. but it is still an old "style" that has run it's course. You can put makeup on a pig, but.......Dont get me wrong, it is a nice looking bike, but I just don't see the demand and I am pretty sure it will not replace many VTX's out there and even fewer VTX 1800 bikes. What does a loyal Honda customer that wants to replace his VTX 1800 purchase? Probably not a Honda and thats sad.

·
The BuB Guy
6,538 Posts
Not bad at all... I don't understand what the big deal is about being a 1300...why would you want to put an 1800 motor in a bike like that..??? don't seem to be that big of demand from them or is it even thing got to be bigger that the 1700....of the other guy...if I was going to buy a bigger bike it would not be an 1800 that is for sure my riding buddy has one .... rides(handles) nothing like my 1300 ...if I was going to step up I would go with the Rocket III much better handling bike than the 1800vtx...IMHO

If the numbers $$ are right on the fury I can see getting one...

tomb

·
Registered
5,558 Posts
Not bad at all... I don't understand what the big deal is about being a 1300...why would you want to put an 1800 motor in a bike like that..??? don't seem to be that big of demand from them or is it even thing got to be bigger that the 1700....of the other guy...if I was going to buy a bigger bike it would not be an 1800 that is for sure my riding buddy has one .... rides(handles) nothing like my 1300 ...if I was going to step up I would go with the Rocket III much better handling bike than the 1800vtx...IMHO

If the numbers $$ are right on the fury I can see getting one...

tomb
Hey Tomb, it would look good with Bigshots on it;)

·
Registered
5,807 Posts
Well...for what it is, it's not a bad looking scoot. But after all the buildup and hype and mystery??? I have to admit that I'm more than a taddy bit underwhelmed with the finished product. Oh well...maybe next year. Ride safe, ride often. 8)

·
Registered
258 Posts
:dontknow: wheres the tank seam, I want a tank seam. where am I going to put my tank trim now :dontknow: I like it, now I have to find out if I can afford it this year :doorag:

·
Registered
3,195 Posts
I was seriously thinking of Raking out my 1800 c this spring. But I may just trade it in for the Fury.

I like my 1800 and it was going to be my "Last" bike but.....

I have found over the last 8 years that I really don't need the power of the 1800, so going to the 1300 isn't an issue with me. I like the way it looks and it has some great potential for easy customization.

And since I have criss crossed the country by motorcycle too many times to count having a long distance bike also isn't an issue. Though I will tell you I've went coast to coast on small, less comfortable bikes then the Fury appears to be.

Bottom line for me is I really like it

·
Registered
2,404 Posts
What does a loyal Honda customer that wants to replace his VTX 1800 purchase? Probably not a Honda and thats sad.
That's my beef exactly. I haven't kept a bike more than 3 years since, well, as long as I've had bikes, and that's more years than I'll admit to right now. This will be my 3rd year with this bike. If I get the itch again after this season, I don't know what I'm gonna do. I don't see myself on something like the Fury. Or a Gold Wing. Or another sport bike. I may have to tempt fate and risk the coming of the apocalypse and keep this one for -- ugghhh -- another year. Things certainly could be worse ...
Of course, if the economy doesn't get back on track by then, the decision will pretty much be made for me.

81 - 89 of 89 Posts