Honda VTX Forum banner

1 - 20 of 44 Posts

·
Registered
14,249 Posts
That's Jesse James answer to the X. He did that bike for Honda a while back. From what I understand, they were less than thrilled.

·
Registered
395 Posts
I believe that's the X that Jesse James built for Honda. As far as I know no one's ever actually ridden it. Pretty slick design. Disc brake is on the drive shaft.

·
Registered
3,563 Posts
It's Jesse James bike "West Coast Choppers" Custom VTX that Honda handed over a fist full of cash for Jesse to build... Me don't like!

·
Registered
814 Posts
Looks a little top heavy to me...

I would think that Jesse could do better than that with a cruiser. Kind of a let down. Seems like he was telling Honda that all they are good for are sport bikes. :?

·
Registered
2,618 Posts
Dont care for it...too crotch rockety for me. Gotta have that laid back heavy Cruiser look! :twisted:

·
Registered
442 Posts
That bike is still sick as hell.

Brian

H

·
0 Posts
Those that went to the Honda Homecoming last year got to touch the bike and a few even sat on it.

Everybody has their opinion. But Jesse got paid big bucks so I guess its something special????????????

·
Registered
1,173 Posts
I like it. I suspect it'd be a blast to ride in the twisties.

Don't you know? All bikes built by guys on TV are special! :roll:

·
Registered
254 Posts
Hal @ Honda Direct Line said:
Everybody has their opinion. But Jesse got paid big bucks so I guess its something special????????????
Good point: Jesse does it and it's awesome. Some no-name does it and it sucks...

·
Registered
1,471 Posts
Everyone has opinions.....heres mine. The Jesse James VTX seems to be a slap in the face to metric cruisers. He decided to turn it into a crotch rocket. Its a cool bike for what it is but, I think the people involved (Honda) were expecting a stretched/raked boulevard monster. Just my take on it :)

Eric

M

·
0 Posts
Didn't like when revealed, don't like now...

1) Raised center of gravity (engine) would make it too top-heavy.
2) No lower frame rails leaves coolant lines, regulator, etc. exposed for potential damage.
3) You think our OEM seats are bad? How 'bout that one?
4) Has the appearance of being incomplete - missing front fairing, etc.
5) If I wanted a fast sport bike, I'd get a Hayabusa.

·
Registered
1,790 Posts
I think...

Eric hit the nail on the head. Jessie's way of sayin' there ain't room in the custom world for Metric cruisers....Jessie couldn't be more wrong! MAYBE Honda is getting some REAL mileage from the HDL crew (Hal, LaMont, Wilbur and our own VTX fabricators as well as the Brown County boys! Should have been able to convince BigLry to get Lane's bike in there somewhere, Oh well.)

·
Registered
468 Posts
I hadn't seen this before and it answers some 'what if' questions I had in the back of my mind.

The folks at Yamaha seem to like it... :p

·
Registered
4,169 Posts
I have the Cycle World article on that bike here, but I'm not going to go looking for it, but if I remember right, Honda gave Jesse a motor and a boatload of cash and told him to go to work. I don't see his design as a "slap in the face" of Metric cruisers, just another way the X motor could've been used (or could still be used).

BTW, I was anything but offended when I saw that bike for the first time. I loved it. Then again, I've always been a fan of naked sports and cafe racers. Perhaps some of you take this ***t a little too seriously?

1 - 20 of 44 Posts