Honda VTX Forum banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
1,038 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Who has eliminated the push cable on thier throttle assy :?: And how smooth is it?

Be Safe

·
Registered
301 Posts
i got rid of mine quite some time ago and 0 probs. makes up front look a little better...not so much clutter-that and i replaced the pull w/the S/S one from HDL :D some say to pull the tank off, but i didn't have to since i don't have the stock air cleaner to get in the way. so you may have to lift the rear of the tank(basically take off the stock cleaner assy) but shouldn't need to remove the tank. all i did was loosen the rear screw and lift it.

·
Registered
103 Posts
I removed mine this winter. Have ridden several hundred miles since with no problem. Throttle action is almost exactly as before. You will have to make some adjustments to the pull cable to eliminate slack. I covered the hole left by the push cable with a 1/2" chrome hole plug held on by some RTV. You can get the hole plug at ACE hardware.

·
Registered
790 Posts
The return spring is very strong on these bikes, you do not need the push cable. I ran without one for over a year...never a problem......
now I run with no cables :lol: :lol: none that you can see 8)
[/img]

·
Registered
1,038 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Thanks for the replys and info, now to Get er Done :lol:

Be Safe

1 - 5 of 5 Posts